Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Non-Sci-Fi Track - My Thin Disguise (Police Tribute)

edited May 2015 in Creations

Special thanks to the Song of the Month club for motivating me to complete this track and inspiring me to make it sound better. I need to catch up on some feedback here and there on the forum. Real World happenings dominated the first few weeks of May for me. As always, comments welcome :)

This all started with a snare drum I discovered in SampleTank (Natural Kit) that reminded me of Stewart Copeland's wonderful snare sound circa Regatta De Blanc. I thought, "Wouldn't it be interesting to try to sequence a vintage Copeland styled drum track?" Then I thought ...

Apps used include SampleTank, bs-16i, Alchemy and iFretless Bass sequenced via Genome into Auria. Guitar via Jam-up Pro and vox via AUFX:Push, both through Audioshare.

Comments

• @Flo26 said:
    Really cool track! A big bravo!!

Thank you, glad you liked it :)

• That really sounds like Reggata De Blanc! Great job. Did you use all iOS instruments or are the some things recorded live?

• Good refining there young @eustressor. I hope and trust the pesky Real World is preparing to slip back to where it belongs etc.

• Great job on this @eustressor! Nice Police feel while being original. Not only Copeland, but a good semblance to Summers and Sting without seeming to outright copy them.

• @mkell424 said:
    That really sounds like Reggata De Blanc! Great job. Did you use all iOS instruments or are the some things recorded live?

Thank you - although I think for the studio chatter I should have just copied Stewart's "You want something corny" line from "Any Other Day" ...

Forgot the app list was only on Soundcloud. I'll edit the OP and fix that. Other than guitar and vocals, everything was created behind the glass. Thanks again for listening :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Good refining there young eustressor. I hope and trust the pesky Real World is preparing to slip back to where it belongs etc.

Thank you Mr. Goodyear. Oh, if only that Real World would slip away ... Must say, though, the fog is beginning to clear up.

@funjunkie27 said:
    Great job on this eustressor! Nice Police feel while being original. Not only Copeland, but a good semblance to Summers and Sting without seeming to outright copy them.

Thank you, that's about the best compliment I could ask for! Appreciate the feedback :)

• Great arrangement, sounds and drum sequencing :)
    As others have said, nice nod to The Police but still original sounding track. Enjoyed it! ;)

• Do you know what...I'm hearing Thomas Dolby here too. Something about the verse makes me think of I Live In A Suitcase off Astronauts And Heretics. And THAT really is a compliment. Really nice stuff, a real live feel. And I'm totally stealing "behind the glass" as a description of what we do.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great arrangement, sounds and drum sequencing :)
    As others have said, nice nod to The Police but still original sounding track. Enjoyed it! ;)

Thank you, I still cringe sometimes at the hi-density chorus (vocal melody, vocal harmonies, keyboard countermelody weaving between countering and not countering against a left-field dual guitar harmony) ... So any complements on the arrangement help me rest a little easier on that count. I appreciate your feedback :)

@iansainsbury said:
    Do you know what...I'm hearing Thomas Dolby here too. Something about the verse makes me think of I Live In A Suitcase off Astronauts And Heretics. And THAT really is a compliment. Really nice stuff, a real live feel. And I'm totally stealing "behind the glass" as a description of what we do.

Actually went and looked up I Live In A Suitcase on the Tube - great track! I can see the similarities: same key/progression, pads swelling against a moving bass line. Of course, Mr. Dolby knows how to do it right, so yes, thank you VERY much for the compliment.

Go nuts with "behind the glass" ... I suppose that stems from something I blurted out a few weeks back about "playing on the glass" to describe playing onscreen keys vs using a keyboard controller. Which is kinda dumb because I have a keyboard controller, but the couch was soooo comfy that day ;)

• @eustressor said:

Actually went and looked up I Live In A Suitcase on the Tube - great track! I can see the similarities: same key/progression, pads swelling against a moving bass line.

You will be hearing from the Learned Friends shortly no doubt....

• I've already handcuffed myself.