Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any word on Alchemy

Final bugs were being worked out a month ago. Anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Nothing at all.This is the one I'm waiting for every day- every hour - every minute - ...

• Derek B (sometime of this parish) tweeted it had been submitted last week (Thursday?). What his sources are I have bo idea

• Yea he said it was submitted so I'm guessing beginning of this upcoming week maybe Tuesday-ish

• Hi Dave,

The next release of Alchemy Mobile with Audiobus support is now extremely imminent (we're hopefully talking days)

Hang on in there!

Martin

• Anyone known The day of submit? I'm weating too.

• Come ON! lol

• :-) :-) :-) How I've been waiting for this!!!!! Awesome...so this week????? :-) :-)

• Thats just cruel and inhumane punishment. Lol

• Please....Apple.....Please....

• Seriously I'm dying...it's like BM2 all over again!

• LOL @mgmg4871 agreed!

• Come on Martin, you said days !!!

• From what I understood it was in Apples hand.

• I would think the latest would be tomorrow but its been a while...

• This is a big update. Might have run into a issue or two.

• It's coming...just waiting approval from apple....

• ...oh, and my source is from the Source...lol

• Every time i see the badge on the appstore logo... I think "Alchemy, alchemy alchemy alchemy." and every time... let down. LOL Angry Birds HD?? You gotta be kidding me! LOL

• edited April 2013

It's finally here on the UK store !!!!

edit Wishful thinking.....

• I've played around with Alchemy Mobile a few times in the past but never really took a shine to it. It seems to me that it seems to be severely limited by design to push the user into buying the desktop Alchemy.

So, my question is, will this update open things up a bit on the sound design side of things, as well as control over arpeggiation?

I've heard someone mention that it is a good alternative to the Eden synth from Nanostudio when you're looking for a different sound in the same type of space as that.

I generally like the idea and sound, but I'm a little too concerned that the sounds are a little too finely-tuned with few sound design options, so it is difficult to truly sound unique compared to anyone else with Alchemy Mobile when using them.

Anyone else share that take?

• @AQ808 Well no and yes and no/yes.. lol You can import your own samples but it does require the desktop version. You can download it and upgarde to full for free, for something like 2 weeks. Without that... sort of.. There is tons of parameters to tweak. But someone else using the same preset could potentially get the same sound with some work. That said, that is the current version.. when/if this new AB comes.. You will be able to change the sound drastically with effects apps of coarse. :-) As for any of the other new functions i have no idea what that will bring. Unless Derek wants to tell us.

• Also though there are tons of sounds, great sounds, and enough parameters you can change on your own plus each presets has 8 "sub-presets" that are already dialed in differently. I don't believe you need the full version of Alchemy to import your own presets simply the free Alchemy Player (which download presets and samples) and goes from there. It's in there FAQ's

• Alchemy Mobile is an amazing and incredible synth..although sample based..you can do some very cool things with it...but it's possible that it's gonna suffer overhype...I think that when it arrives some people will say what was all that about.....and it's huge with all the iap's it sit in majesty at 1.5 GB.....still one of my fav synths though..it require very little work to make it sound stunning and the quality is second to non...

• Also Alchemy is to be updated with traditional instruments.

• I'm so excited about the traditional instruments, I love th sounds already but always thought it needed this. Also I don't mind the space because of how good and easy it is. Looks like from the pic we now have 4 either synths or drum pads and couple more settings but more under the hood too

• I agree trad instruments was the only thing missing..that should add a gig or two lol...one of my fav features is the poly glide...and the fact that you can set the inertia when rolling the ipad round some of the stuff is outragous...and I think my fav iap is the vocal one..or the arp one...

• I really like the guitar one and big tone has a ton in it. I'm waiting till the update to figure out what I buy next

• Biolabs all the way for me.. But they are all good. :-)