Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

top 5 apps you use daily and for what style of music?

hey all, just curious what everybody tends to use the most on a daily basis (not counting audiobus as thats a given) I find I'm spending way too much time learning new apps and researching how to do basic things that I'm not doing the most important things, playing and writing. Limitations push us to really learn to work with what we've got and make brilliant use of our tools. Anyways I'm talking to myself here but I'm gonna start as I need to commit and focus on a select few apps for time being.

Loopbased Music

1) Intua Beatmaker
2) Impaktor
3) Hokusai (I'd prefer to use Audioshare but the lack of zoom makes it difficult to make a precise cut which is key for nice loops. While one can also edit in BM2, not as simple to pitchshift or time stretch as Hokusai for me at least and Hokusai has DIRAC technology but have no clue what BM2 uses)
4) Remixer (for just finding ideas and inspiration)
5) Looptastic (automatic beatmatching. Loopy comes in close 2nd but Looptastic has a ton of great drum loops from many genres that can be auditioned very quickly and easily which keeps creative juices flowing)

Guitar based music

1) Guitarism
2) Ampkit
3) Improvox
4) Harmonic Dog Multitrack
5) Thumbjam (easy to just play musical ideas/phrases once chord progression has been decided on)

While I'd like to use Auria all the time, it's still got a few kinks so its only meant for final mixes at this point.

Comments

• For doing my brand of "melodic prog rock" (for want of a better description), it often depends on the project in hand, but some of my most used tools are: 1) Cubasis 2) Garageband 3) Thumbjam 4) Guitarism 5) Sampletank. There's usually a synth or two in there as well, I have a range to choose from!

• I make Electronic Music, all kind of style, and I begin with Loopy recording Rhythm and a coupple of synth inside (not important The instruments, I use ALL is cool for me), after I recorded my Loopy Session separatly in Auria (3 channels because for now is The max), and at this point I record my favorite instruments over....start with WaveMapper, iMini Bass, and iPulsaret atmosfere.
    After I edit ALL in Auria with FabFilter.

• i do mostly noise or experimental sounds with the apps i use.

mostly i use:
    iPhone:
    Glitch1
    Jamup XT
    Gyrosynth
    Droner
    Loopy
    Werkbench

iPad:
    Jamup XT
    Loopy
    Livefx
    Audulus
    Droneo
    Protein Der Klang

either record into Loopy, MultiDAW or Audioshare.

• I like making glitchy dub with distorted guitars.

• DM1 & BM2 (custom kits stored in Dropbox made from 808s, 909s, Linndrums and pop songs)
    • JamUp Pro
    • Various Synths (Animoog, iMini, Magellan, DXi)
    • Anytune Pro+
  • edited April 2013

Synth pop and guitar based showgazery noise stuff

• Nanostudio
    • Loopy
    • Dm1
    • Magellan
    • Jamup

Seem to by the five in use most lately. I still use hardware synths and effects and stuffs into Loopy.

Trying to give auria a solid chance this week. Wish they had a ux/design person on board! So much power.

• Still exploring different styles, currently my favourites are: Cubasis, DM1 with user kits, Animoog for its amazing sounds, Geo Synth/StepPolyArp for midi control and SampleTank for its excellent instruments.

• I like exploring a wide range of styles but my favourite DAW is Cubasis and the inbuilt instruments can sound really good with a little tweaking with FX. I also use DM1 or Drumjam for drums, Magellan, Sunrizer, (and now iMini) for synths, Jamup for guitar fx (real guitar or Guitarism)

• edited April 2013

Loopy

AmpKit

Drumjam

Sampletank

Thumbjam

Pro Band Backing Tracks (I know, that's six)

• edited April 2013

They are so many! :)

I keep exchanging DAWs all the time, depending on the workflow and objective of the job I have to do - BeatMaker, Cubasis, and Auria.

Each one have hot spots and sometimes they complement each other. I really wish Auria had MIDI, Cubasis had automation, BM/Cubasis had the Auria effects, Auria/Cubasis had the sample editing facilities of BM, and so on...

Other recorders - Loopy HD, Garage Band

Effects - Live FX, Audulus, Echo Pad

Synths, etc - Animoog, Sunrizer, WaveMapper, iMS-20, TC-11

Those are my favorites.

I really can't label the music style of my band, but you can hear for yourself here:

https://soundcloud.com/remove-silence

Our two albums and the new EP are there. Thanks!:)

• Hard question)))
    Synths:sunrizer,grain science,animoog,magellan
    For beats and grooves: tweaky beats,figure,wejaam,impaktor
    For recording: music studio,garageband,loopy
    Don't know how to name the music i create,maybe organic electronic schizoid punk :)))

• I make spaced out Electronica mainly and use AniMoog, Magellen, SunrizerHD, Korg Ims20 and use either Auria or Cubasis. I also use loopy as a quick way of sketching ideas.

• I'm using JamUp Pro XT, iPolysix, and Beatmaker 2. I'm trying to be patient and waiting for IK to lower the price on SampleTank and then I'll be more or less set. I play metal, or try to anyway.

• Just missed a sale on Sampletank by a week or two! Hopefully there's another one for ya, as it has some truly great sounds

• Personally I don't feel like I really need SampleTank. I have several apps that I can load samples into between BM2 and Samplr and ThumbJam that I feel like I can get the minimal big sounds I need from. What I *was missing was a good grand piano. I picked up iGrand and the IAPs while they were still on sale (think they still are now) and that should fill my last gap. Will be happy when it hops on the bus.

• BM2, JamUp, Alchemy....that's really all I ever need....for all genres