Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.3 problem

Anyone noticing stuttering during recording?
I was recording a midi cubasis instrument and when i changed quickly between chords i had stuttering.All apps closed,everything inside Cubasis with six audio tracks

Comments

• edited April 2013

Crashed on me a couple of times(8 midi tracks running)but not stuttering.
    Also unable to get cubasis to cubasis to record.
    Ipad2
    16gb
    Latest update
    No jailbreak

• i get stuttering and break up sounds.Also a friend of mine lost his 4 audio recordings with the undo button.It's unacceptable to get stuttering and break up sounds when using only one app, their app.A 50 dollars app

• I recognize "stuttering" during playback and I've lost multiple tracks twice only this morning after "undo". Seems 1.3 has a serious problem.

• The undo function still doesn't work for me properly, lost a few recordings that way....

• edited April 2013

I use Cubasis everyday and so far not had any of these problems...this is quite a worry for me as it's my main DAW..however Steinberg are usually pretty quick and good at fixing bugs so hopefully this will be sorted in the next update...I keep banging on about how stable Cubasis is, and when you pay that much for an App you expect it to do the job.

• edited April 2013

Everyone experiencing bugs should say what device they're using, which OS version they're on, and if their device is jailbroken. This actually does help the developers. Also, the Cubasis forum has a couple of Steinberg developers and a marketing manager actively checking in and addressing issues. They really do seem to care.
    Cubasis forum:
    http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=183

• Yeah good point, I also know that they do care about their product and it's users..anyway like I say at the moment I'm not getting problems and if you have watched any of my video stuff you will see that it does get put through the mill...lots of audio and midi...I am running an iPad 2 16 GB with the latest ios upgrade...

• Thank you,i ll check their forum.The fact that they care is of course great,but for an expensive app it's mandatory that they care :)
    iPad 3 16 GB latest 6.1.3 version, no J/B

• @Context: Thanks, I joined the forum and dropped a message in the related existing thread (https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=38076&p=247275#p243809).

• I spent 3 hours last night working with Cubasis, recording 14 Audiobus tracks, then mixing with a few effects. No stutters or issues at all. IPad 2 with 32Mb, no J/B. latest ios.

• edited April 2013

Just got an answer from Steinberg regarding this. They provided me with status and what they still need to solve certain bugs. It'd be great if you guys could help track down these bugs' causes and provide Steinberg with the info needed to fix them.

1# Stutter

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=38591

• Screenshot of all tracks
    • Info about projects
    • Screenshot of all tracks or info about project
    • Screenshot of setup or info about polyphony setting
    • Does the CPU meter reach 100% when stuttering occurs?

2# UNDO / Data lost

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=38076&p=247275#p243809

• Was the audio editor open when you tapped undo?
    • Was this the first time you used undo in the project?
    • Has the original project been created with a version before 1.2 (if so, what version has been used)?
    • How many audio tracks are used in the project?
    • How many audio files are used in the project?
    • Were all the audio files recorded or did you imported some or all from existing audio files from the Mediabay?
    • Did you use the audio editor a lot in the project? Did you use it for all the different audio files?

3# Audio tracks disappear after mixdown

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=38603

• Please provide project (e.g. private message or email)
    • Last steps before the mixdown?
    • What where last steps before closing Cubasis?
  • Thanks for that Seb.
    My issues arn't mentioned above.
    1)anyone able to get Cubasis to cubasis recording.i just get a '?' Showing up in the audio input side panel.
    2)I had eight tracks of midi (all set to percussion,with different effects)
    One track of audio.
    When I went to try and record to audio
    (Cubasis to cubasis)it crashed and lost everything
    Ipad 2/16gb/cubasis 1.3/latest ios version.