Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Idensity midi mapping and the 4 streams

Hi, so I just mapped out the app's parameters to my synth's knobs and sliders. Amazing! Took forever but its sick. However when I switch presets the midi mapping goes away, arghhh. What do I do to keep it mapped forever? In the midi mapping settings part there are some parameters I don't get. Any tips on what is crucial to map? I have plenty of knobs.... Also, I want to eliminate the other 3 streams as I only have the one purchased. Are those streams eating CPU power? For know I am just not pushing play on those but that seems weird. I think I want a blank template maybe... And yea I am looking through the behemoth of a manual now too.

Finally, any general tips? Right now I am running a Chapman Stick through it live and just mucking about, no clue whats going on. It is fun though. Thanks muchos

oceans

Comments

• Help a bro out! I confused.... thx

• Have you tried saving a preset then recalling it to see if the mappings are stored in the preset, if not just map one CC then try to recall it to see if it works? If the other streams have samples loaded, then they are probably using CPU.

• I'm interested in the answer to this.

Thinking of getting this app - and good MidiMapping would be a big plus...

• Hello, really it's a bit confused, I should write a better documentation. Anyway you can keep a fixed midi and various controls assignations by excluding Control Manager from the Settings. No CPU overhead for non full version, just keep off the streams. Please note you can load audio, Save and recall presets also for non purchased streams. Thanks and best wishes.

• @scarbo said:
    Hello, really it's a bit confused, I should write a better documentation. Anyway you can keep a fixed midi and various controls assignations by excluding Control Manager from the Settings. No CPU overhead for non full version, just keep off the streams. Please note you can load audio, Save and recall presets also for non purchased streams. Thanks and best wishes.

Thanks for the clarification, nice update :)

A couple of feature requests for future iDensity versions: If possible please add ability to record finger movements across the waves/streams as automation. Also bpm/midi sync options would be great! :)

• I too was hoping for recordable automation, but still a great update, thanks.

• Thanks! Yes midi maps are saved on my own presets, so thats fine I guess. I shall what you all said. Thats kinda weird huh, turning off control manager? Ha ok. And the midi mapping takes a while but its sick. I will keep yawl posted. You rock guys

• Reading the manual for computer is madness, maybe an iPad version? The graphics of the pc version are driving me nutters ha. Oh, I mean the big manual, not the 10 page one.

• @scarbo said:
    Hello, really it's a bit confused, I should write a better documentation. Anyway you can keep a fixed midi and various controls assignations by excluding Control Manager from the Settings. No CPU overhead for non full version, just keep off the streams. Please note you can load audio, Save and recall presets also for non purchased streams. Thanks and best wishes.

Hi, another feature request :) please could you add a feature in all your apps to have midi mapping presets, with the ability to import a template of some kind for the mappings via iTunes or dropbox. I've just got Lemur and there's an iVCS3 template but to map everything would be easier if you could import a midi mapping template. This would be a great feature for all your apps, including iDensity....many thanks!

• Agreed, a preset midi map that is semi universal would be sick!

• Although I think CS grain has a preset midi map, it did't coordinate to my novation bass stations sliders and knobs well. I think something that maps to a ms 2000 or similar would be nice. Or even a moog or something that is semi-standard. I feel the bass station is semi standard in the amount of knobs and layout.

• I guess a simpler question is : What parameters are crucial to map. Like key functions such as that scrub thing.... I know this is personal taste but I think I mapped some things to sliders that might not have been useful. Like I think I mapped 1-4 delays but I as I only have 1 steam maybe those 3 other delays were foolish of me to may.I guess I thought maybe there were 4 delays for the one stream but I think I am wrong...

• I don't think I can handle 4 streams. I am going slowly insane with the tones that are being made. Occasionally it will be an obvious octave up or down thing but after mucking around it gets so wild.
    Bump for the "crucial parameters to MIDI map"! just one stream. THANKS

• I don't want to even ask if the 4 streams could be applied to one stereo signal path....good lord haha

• If you save your preset it will also save the midi assignments.Works ok here. I bought the full app and i can say this app sounds amazing and my favorite soundscaping app.
    I also hope they add some finger movement recording in the future.

• Thanks photo, I agree its the dope. So it saved MIDI when u switched presents?

• @oceansinspace said:
    Thanks photo, I agree its the dope. So it saved MIDI when u switched presents?

Yes, i just checked it and here its working ok.Maybe its useful to mention im running ios 7.

• edited August 2016

Is the quickest way to assign these by double tapping on individual parameters? Wish there was almost a 'spreadsheet' way of assigning these.