Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

When A Fantasy Ends (new version)

edited May 2015 in Creations

Not sung on a track for a while but these words came to me the other day and the whole song just seemed to come together very easily.
I guess we've all been there: we think things are a certain way for a while and then suddenly we realise we have been in a fantasy world!

Apps used: Audiobus, Cubasis, Jamup Pro, Thumbjam, Bismark bs-16i, Audio Mastering

Comments

• edited May 2015

@AlterEgo_UK Good structure, good sound. As a struggling vocalizer I am going to add my two cents or pennies to say I feel the vocal is too one-paced/dimensional. Personally I find that my own melodies are often this way until I have the piece fairly nailed down through repetition and then can begin to throw off the shackles a little. I completely understand if you disagree entirely and intended it to be drifty as regards the dream-like subject matter....

• Are you referring to the UK elections by any chance? I've been dreaming about the Tories getting knocked down but that clearly was a fantasy. Now, back to reality.

I like the general vibe of the tune.

• Thanks, @JohnyGoodyear. I know what you mean about the vocals. I don't really consider myself as a singer and don't feel too confident about too many variations (yet) This was probably only the 2nd time I sung it so it could be that I will try a more multidimensional style if I practice it a bit more ;)

@supadom - could refer to the UK election result but it wasn't that which stimulated the song - at least not consciously :)

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks, JohnyGoodyear. I know what you mean about the vocals. I don't really consider myself as a singer and don't feel too confident about too many variations (yet) This was probably only the 2nd time I sung it so it could be that I will try a more multidimensional style if I practice it a bit more ;)

My solution (FWIW) would be to sing something, oh, say 100 times, record a solid basic version (you have that already) and then turn the lights out and do three or four takes in full I-do-not-give-a-single-fuck mode and then see what you've got. If nothing, nothing lost, if something, all is gained.

It also feels good.

• lol. Just read that - after I had done something like you suggested, @JohnnyGoodyear :)

Hid myself away in a back room with the house empty and went for it!
    Decided to keep the original vocals quietly underneath to add more "dimensions" :)

It did feel good!

Have another listen with the link at the top and see what you think.

• edited May 2015

@AlterEgo_UK Yes. More ummff! Good. I find that when I open the pipes up I also allow myself to sing a little higher which somehow helps avoid too much dirge. This has more energy and, as a bonus, I think the original vocal now as a 'backing vocal' also adds more texture and it's is better for that also.

Good step forward.

• Thanks for the feedback, @JohnnyGoodyear! :)

• Really sounds good. Love the vocals and everything else. You also do a very nice job on a dense mix, well done.

• Great job! I think you really improved it.

• Cheers, thanks! :)