Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

'Just Jamming' looping free fall from 'jam a day' series

I've decided to carve out some looping time in my currently reasonably full on existence. This is the fruit of the second session. Other than showing off my rig I thought it might give some of the 'users' ideas of how to enrich their ios set ups.

Comments

• This is supa, Dom! I'd love it if you felt like sharing the audiobus preset just so we can see what is going on, especially what you have happening in Turnado. Thanks for taking time to share these sessions. I think my favorite part is the solid bass line, is that Sunrizer? It carries all the other fun stuff nicely along.

• Thanks for the video supadom. I learned a lot.

• Sure @Hmtx This is the preset I use pretty much all the time. It is called click 3 kids because I use it when I jam with the drummer and occasional guest musicians.

Audiobus preset 'Click 3 Mics 2': http://preset.audiob.us/tJ4G3TQlVimfPl3

Yep, sunrizer is the only active synth app I use. The arp sounds within samplr are mainly from ISem, Animoog, Gadget and Thor.

Glad you did @mkell424 there is a lot going on. When I watch it i can imagine it is difficult to keep track of what's exactly happening.

I love this set up because it makes use of pretty much all of my musical skills: playing instruments, singing, improvisation and live mixing. Loopy is fantastic for it because it allow quick panning and with couple free tracks one can, say record 3 different harmonies on separate tracks, pan them across the image and slide them into one, touch of reverb from Mr Turnado and bingo. There's another trick that I've been using lately for dynamic effect . I've discovered that samplr responds to stop button on Arturia beatstep so I can stop it occasionally and then bring it back by stopping and restarting loopy. I do that in the new video I'm going to stick on another thread. Another thing I really like is to have one button bound to mute all loops in loopy which leaves Samplr on its own and sounds great when everything kicks back in on the 1. One word: loving it!

• This is killer. Funkin' killer. Great mix. Thanks for sharing the video. I also watched/listened to the one you posted in the song of the month club, which I also liked very much too. That one had an incredible electric bass sound. Do you remember your set up for that? I also love the guitar sound on this; is it real? Didn't see you playing, but I've seen you in other videos seamlessly play guitar, loop, and move on. So, if it's a real guitar, what'd you use? Sorry to be a pest!

• Impressive stuff Mister Dom. Get what sleep you can but keep heading for the loft....