Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New song "Bought and Sold on Our Faith"

edited May 2015 in Creations

With the exception of drum loops from The Loop Loft, this one was done entirely in Auria with a mic'd Guild 12 string acoustic, an Epiphone 335 Pro through the THM amp sim plugin, Fender P bass direct to Auria and my vocals. It may be a bit bright, but I'm not sure.

The lyrics are based on my slightly skewed notions about politicians. An unsuccessful attempt at a tongue in cheek approach to that subject.

Any comments on the mix and song are appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Edit - 8:48 pm EST. Working on another mix as this one sounds muddy and too compressed. Hopefully, I'll post it soon

Edit - 10:45 pm EST. This is the new mix.

Comments

• Wow. The mix sounded good. Excellent song and your vocals sound like somebody that would be on the radio. Seriously I could hear your song on the radio? It's amazing the talent of the people on this board.

BTW what did yo use to mix and master the track? Was it all done on th iPad or did you transfer the audio to a desktop environment?

• Very nice, I'd gladly call it my own!!! Nice instrumentation and a Great ending as well!

• A little Mister Petty in there somewheres...especially once the backing harmonies/voices come in...

• @mkell424. Wow, thank you. It was all recorded and mixed in Auria and "mastered" in Final Touch on an iPad Air 2. I'm going to repost another mix later as I think this one is a bit muddy with some reverb weirdness, especially during the guitar solo. Again, thanks for your kind words.

• @Johow. I'm humbled. Thanks so much for listening and commenting.

• @JohnnyGoodyear. That's a comparison for which I'll gladly thank you, sir.

• The new mix has replaced the first mix at the top of the thread.

• @supanorton Great song, great mix and great playing and singing! :)

• edited May 2015

Great production! Lovely music. Sounds very good. Your voice always reminds me of Karl Wallinger from World Party.

• @AlterEgo_UK. Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment. Cheers.

• @Marcel. Thanks, Marcel. I remember the first time I heard World Party in the mid '80s. Great one man band. Karl Wallinger is a great singer, so I'll just humbly say thank you. I don't hear the similarity, but that's the beauty of music. He's also much better at singing in tune than I am. Thanks again and thanks also for the links. Good stuff.

• Great song man. If I had one criticism towards the mix I'd say it is probably a little too bright and I'd personally add a bit more bass but I always soak my mixes in bass so it's probably just me. Thanks for sharing.

• @supadom. Thanks, man. I agree about the brightness. I have a hard time taming bass frequencies so I probably overcompensate.