Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg ('analogue') volcas

Hi everyone. I'm working on ten tracks comprised solely of sounds / sequences made on the three 'analogue' volcas - and I'm loving their 'limitations' (see below). I'm compiling a lot of volca sample ideas too, but need to get this analogue stuff out of my system first! (The visuals leave plenty to be desired, eh? :^)

Comments

• Cool project. I really enjoyed volcanalogue one.

• Hi i just bought a Volca keys do you use the fabrizio editor? I really enjoy your vids, you are getting out cool sounds out of volcas!!!

• @aphex hadn't seen that fabrizio editor, thank you. For the keys anyway, most of that stuff is available via standard MIDI CCs. Patch storage and an extra LFO is a nice bonus!

• @syrupcore
    Yes that what i like, im just learning, i have 4 days with volca

• Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. I'm thinking I might not be your average volca owner - I'm not using them in a live setting, but recording sequences individually and editing them together in my DAW. Prior to the volcas, I was pretty much all about the software!

• @NOYJ Same here even with my electribes all is sequenced , recorded adn edited in Ableton

• These sound great. Reminiscent of AFX's Analord.

• @aleyas said:
    These sound great. Reminiscent of AFX's Analord.

Ooooh! I'm honoured - thank you :^)

• ...I've, um, done some more... Ahem. =^)

• Nice, and inspirational too. Well done!

• Thanks Richie. Spring duly put in my step :^)

• i'm reminded of when i sold my volca & monotrons & i cry & curse Whatever.

• Really cool vids. I cant get out that kind of sounds of my volca keys yet

• Great stuff @NOYJ

You might like this Volca performance if you haven't seen it. Lovely sound:

I think i'm going to get the Volca Beats and try to integrate it into producing music music with Gadget and other iOS apps. I really like the Stutter knob on the beats.

• Yep - the stutter's the best thing about the Beats - it goes some way to compensating for the appalling snare drum... I also like this guy's customisation of the top of the unit - I had to do a double-take - I thought it was a new volca!

• So do you like Beats despite the snare drum? Or do you think it's by far the weakest of the 3?

There are other analogue drum machines I could consider I guess.

• edited May 2015

Yes, apart from the snare, the Beats is fantastic - the kick has such resonance and variety, stutter is great, the PCM samples on it (this is why I put 'analogue' in inverted commas in the subject heading) are pleasingly tweakable / tuneable - but the snare is crap: apparently due to a manufacturing 'error' - and fixable if you have the nerve to mess around soldering a 'missing' component onto the circuit board (well documented on youtube). I'd have been useless at doing that, but a colleague of mine is pretty handy with tiny soldering... If you have the money (I don't!), the Roland Aria TR-8 looks fantastic (if you're not too much of an analogue purist, that is)... If you're budget-conscious (like me), even just the presets on the volca sample will give you a really satisfying drum machine experience (or they do for me...). But prior to these volcanalogue tracks, I was all about samples: I have stacks of different drum machine / percussion / etc / blah blah blah samples. That reminds me: if you have no budget at all, you can download Single Cell Software's Caustic app (free for old-fashioned (non-tablet) computers) and use pretty pleasing approximations of a few classic drum machines on there... Crazy times :^) Sorry if I bleated on too much or was irrelevant or said nothing you already didn't know!

• Thanks @NOYJ

I have tons of iOS apps including lots of analogue drum machine apps like iElectric, Seekbeats and Elastic Drums - but I have a yearning to play with a physical one given the price the beats goes for now.

• ...a shameless bump of this topic to announce the completion of my (first?) set of ten analogue volca tracks...

https://noyj.bandcamp.com/

...as you were... =^)

• Some nice sounds... admire your dedication to the volcas :)...

Still haven't bought one yet. Am worried it might sit in the corner like all my other hardware purchases while I sit on the sofa/train with my ipad :).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's funny, I was sooo excited about getting hold of the volca sample, and now have several ideas recorded from it that I've done nothing with since, while on the other hand the 'analogue' volcas did indeed obsess me (to the tune of these ten tracks). But right now, the software is beckoning me again and I can totally see all this hardware gathering a thick layer of dust...

• edited June 2015

I'll gladly pay you too little to take the Volca Sample off your hands. Once the beat step pro is out, I aim to use a volca sample as a cheap drum sample sound module.