Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria updated!

edited April 2013 in General App Discussion

What's New in Version 1.08

• New optional plug-in available: FXpansion DCAM EnvShaper
  • Mute region function
  • Lock locators and lock markers options added to transport menu
  • Join function
  • Dedicated loop handle added to each region, allowing automatic duplicates while preserving length and offset
  • Split All function
  • Various bug fixes: see our forum for more info

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/auria/id524122834?mt=8

Comments

• Now Auria finally is began to be real cool! Good work Rim :-)

• Yeah, Rim's da man!

• I've got my collection of plugins now (in order of purchase) Timeless 2, Saturn, and just today finally popped on ProQ! I've been sitting on it for a while and will prob not buy anymore for a while as I can do a good bit with those three. Also, just to share I have an iPad2 and had Saturn (one of the more CPU intensive plugins) running on a drum loop and ran through all the presets carefully watching the CPU monitor and topped on a couple presets at 60-70% but keep in mind I had nothing else going on, but it did it and sounded good too

• ive only got proQ and drumagog but love both those plugins. When i get more cash, I wanna get their compressor to do sidechaining like the gate plugin. Although sidechaining for compressor wasnt part of update though huh?

• I'm sure in the future. The last few weeks they've been on the ball, although I'm really waiting for the big one, being midi & virtual instruments, if they get that they'll be the best but everyone will have to upgrade to the newest ipad, between all the plugins and everything. I've learned quite a few thing to limit my CPU usage but still be able to use almost everything I want. Just got done playing with ProQ and it awesome, knew it was before I bought it just had to wait a bit. Love how you can see Pre & Post visuals so you know you're getting the right freq not just by hearing but visually too.

• edited April 2013

Sidechaining is definitely in there......

• FIXED: Recording stereo only records on left channel (workaround: enable Record Effects in record menu)
    • FIXED: Condense regions only for selected regions
    • FIXED: Extended the trim arrow range by making the fade handles disappear if the track height is small
    • FIXED: zoom slider in edit page now correctly zooms around the cursor
    • FIXED: Newly recorded regions are named after the track name instead of Audio 01…
    • FIXED: Info box displays the amount of shift when moving regions and stretch percentage
    • FIXED: Cleanup wasn't removing some unused files properly
    • FIXED: Double-tap on the stop button rewinds to the start locator. Second double-tap rewinds to the start.
    • FIXED: Crash when using Audiobus and longer recordings.
    • ADDED: Split All function added
    • ADDED: FXPansion DCAM EnvShaper plug-in
    • ADDED: New FabFilter plug-in versions which support side chain (Pro-C, Volcano2, Timeless2)
    • ADDED: Automation and track names are visible now when the edit gain slider is set to OFF
    • ADDED: Mute region function
    • ADDED: lock locators and lock markers options added to transport menu
    • ADDED: Join function
    • ADDED: Dedicated loop handle added to each region, allowing automatic duplicates while preserving length and offset
  • edited April 2013

Gosh, I gotta scrape up 30 more bucks now

@Jm sexton - somebody at the auria forum had speculated that midi would be available on their one year anniversary. Dont know if its true but the poster made a good argument for it.

• A quick tip, everyone. When you want to get a reference track in for mixing, look at audioshare, which will let you open any track from iTunes you have. Then copy it to the pasteboard. I'm not sure if there is a length limit to the paste, but I'm about to find out!

• i cant remember for sure but i thought u could import song from library into auria?

Great idea on a/b ing your mixes

• I though so too, but I've tried importing, and the option doesn't seem to be there.

Beatmaker 2 let's you import from iTunes, but the workflow to get it into the pasteboard is more annoying than audioshare.

• The most CPU intensive is Pro-L....2x of Saturn.....but for FINAL master on Master Out is essential, I have Saturn, Timeless, Volcano, Pro-Q & MicroWarmer, but I think to buy The new FXpassion EnvShaper because I need plugins more light for CPU.....FabFilter load The CPU more then iMini ;-)

• edited April 2013

There is a bug with Pro C in this update. Just be warned if you're going to be opening projects that use Pro C (I tend to overuse this plugin so it's all over in my projects). Full details here on the Auria forum;

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10485

Just a heads up!

• I buy now FXpansion EnvShaper and it's really cool! And it's light, I use it in all channels :-)