Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An album of iPad music [plug alert!]

edited April 2013 in Creations

I hope it's OK to plug my work here. If not, somebody tell me and I'll ditch this!

My latest album was exclusively 100% recorded on the iPad. I mastered the tracks in iZotope Ozone on my PC, but aside from that every sound was recorded using apps. You don't have to buy the music to get an idea of what it sounds like, and I'd love to get your feedback on how I'm doing. Preview a couple of tracks and let me know. Thanks!

http://periurban.bandcamp.com/album/reality-bubbles

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Peri_Urban_Reality_Bubbles?id=Bcd5p744r2cmxkajqnjxu5daoum

Comments

• Great stuff!

• Cool - sounds very well produced.

• I use Ozone it is a fantastic plug in.

• Thanks for the kind comments.

• Awesome stuff Phil. Love to hear fully realized iOS adventures. 'The Future Too' is awesome, and some other songs have a very cinematic feel as well. Great job. Have a soundcloud?

• Sorry, don't know why I called you Phil. Phil is a cool name though.

• Great tracks..and great choice and programming of sounds..very very nice..

• @Jpmonroyal You are spot on about cool names...

• Panopticola Twist is my favourite...I can just imagine it on a scene from a Tarantino Film where drugs are being done in ridiculously huge quantities, as things go deeper into the scene things get a bit hazy and a bit crazy ;)

You know the scene in my head I'm sure....

Nice one Peri.

• @periurban - very nice. I'm wondering how long before we see the iOS musicians becoming the norm, given the relative costs, compared with traditional instruments, and the flexibility inherent in this platform.

• @jpmonroyal Yes, I do have soundcloud. I'm "periurban" there, but I'm not sure what the URL is. And if you must call me Phil, that's cool!
    @thesoundtestroom Thanks. That means a lot coming from you! I've enjoyed your YouTube iOS reviews very much.
    @DaveMagoo Nice imagery! For me the pictures are 100% abstract, but I often get this kind of cinematic response. I appreciate it!

• Just brilliant. Thanks for sharing this.

• Great album, I like music, that lets me create movies in my head. And this is the case here

• Digging this so far! Is your name a spin on Pere Ubu?

• Just followed you on SoundCloud and I'll check out your album next time I'm out (I do all of my listening in the car).

I'm working on my 6th pure iOS album. I can't imagine ever being tied to a desktop DAW again. :)

• @splitpin Thank you for listening.

@Martinj Me too. I call them "soundscapes". Ever since Tangerine Dream in 1973.....

@syrupcore Thanks. No, although I am a fan of their stuff, and saw them live twice here in Scotland. Periurban a word that means neither rural nor urban, so sort of half way to nowhere.

@iClifDotMe Thanks for that. I don't add a lot to soundcloud because of the limited space. I'm always working on music, and now I do everything on the iPad. I might use the desktop for very detailed multitrack audio featuring vocals, but for instrumental the iPad rocks.