Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps for checking acoustics

Are there any apps that you guys would recommend for checking room acoustics? I see there are several available, but I would like to hear what you have found to be worth having.

Comments

• Are you familiar with Sound On Sound magazine? They have a great online archive of old articles and I remember seeing one app reviewed there that does everything you want. I just tried doing a quick search but couldnt find it but just typing in iphone app should come up with a fairly long list. Its in there somewhere

• Thanks @gjcyrus, but I didn't find anything there. Most of what I found in the App Store was lacking, or for those that did seem comprehensive were in the $70 and up range. I'm looking for something that will monitor the sound and provide info on reflections and eq. $70 probably is reasonable for that, but I was hoping for something a bit more affordable.

• Just did a search and found this. sorry got mixed up. It looks like its an SPL meter, used for checking loudspeakers not room acoustics.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar12/articles/app-works-0312.htm

• Thanks again @gjcyrus. I have an SPL already, so that doesn't help. I went ahead and got Audio Tools, which seems like it might do the trick. $20 with around $150 of IAPs, but I think I can make do with just the core app.