Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordion 2.0

Now is the chance to give me feedback on features you'd like to see in Chordion v2.0!

The app is being completely re-written from the ground up with an entirely new synthesis engine and a lot more flexibility, including "per chord" arpeggiator and drum patterns, and "per chord" keyboards.

I can't promise that every suggestion will make it (that's just impossible!) - but I do love to hear ideas & see what will work! Thanks for any feedback in advance. I'll make sure to check back here, but don't be alarmed if I disappear for a few days-- I'm hard at work finishing up a drum machine :)

Comments

• CHUM IN THE WATER!!!

• Reiterating the lefthand mode i tweeted you about, there are a few of us, left in the wild.

• Me raising my left hand as well.
    I kinda gave up on Chordion initially because the interface wasn't intuitive for me, but I'm slowly getting it as I have time to mess around and add tools to my workflow and composition process.

• Southpaw here also.

• Midi sync for the arpeggiator?

• MIDI recorder?

• +1 for midi sync loopy style

http://thespectacularsyncengine.com/

Also thanks for adding my suggestion of sliding up on the key to modulate (animoog style) in v2. That was done for midi out only but would be great if it worked with the internal synth.

Great app I didn't use it much lately due to lack of tempo sync.

• Tempo and start and stop controlled by external app (virtual MIDI). Chordion as slave; to send MIDI sequence to DAWs like Cubasis; with Cubasis as master MIDI clock. Cubasis will be able to then playback its built in sounds, or use external iOS synths.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    CHUM IN THE WATER!!!

File under: rare moment of missing the +1 button.

• I'd love having some arpeggiator presets or an intelligent randomizer.

• Chum could be buddy or sharkbait.

• MIDI sync is definite yes.
    Left hand mode seems fair enough!

• @Martygras said:
    Chum could be buddy or sharkbait.

Sometimes, they are one in the same.

• @bsantoro said:
    Tempo and start and stop controlled by external app (virtual MIDI). Chordion as slave; to send MIDI sequence to DAWs like Cubasis; with Cubasis as master MIDI clock. Cubasis will be able to then playback its built in sounds, or use external iOS synths.

• edited August 2015

tap outside modal dialogs to close them. It's an quite annoying because the menu buttons are to the left and the done dialog button is to the right.

• I'm a lefty , so left hand mode would get my vote.

• edited August 2015

Great news. Love Chordion. (Even) More scales please @benkamen.

• There's a lot of dead space in version 1. Could the UI be done Samplr style please? That would be great for those using it live.

• I would love a random chords button (quantized to a scale) ,a chord bank (with user custom ones), also a traditionnal keyboard to edit the chord (precise voicing)and also more traditionnal arpegiattor (like the one in lorentz ?)
    we would then have chordpolypad/steppolyarp and thumbjam in one app

maybe thats too much things at once ?

• dittoooooo

• edited August 2015

Just a random idea but could the sequencer (arpeggiator) be like the one in patterning? This could go in the middle with keyboard to the right and chord selector to the left? Long single or double line strips? They don't have to be massive (see those in the real accordion?)

All with orientation switch for the lefties of course

I also would love to have midi controllable synth parameters so I can keep the app on the sequence play page and still be able to to tweak the sound via a midi controller.

• @benkamen 'Pitchbend/Pitch-Glide' for the lead-sound would be a nice touch, horisontal finger-glide could be used to adjust 'level'(or modulation depth) while vertical finger-glid could slide the pitch up or down for more expressive playing.

I have to say that after all these years Bebot is still my favourite and most playable/played 'touch-synth', too bad it doesn't transmit midi so I could use it to control other synths. I think that BeBot could serve as great inspiration on how to make an awesome touch-playable lead-instrument :)

• @Samu said:
    benkamen 'Pitchbend/Pitch-Glide' for the lead-sound would be a nice touch, horisontal finger-glide could be used to adjust 'level'(or modulation depth) while vertical finger-glid could slide the pitch up or down for more expressive playing.

@Samu have you tried Ondes? It's similar to Bebot (didn't know it at the time!) but it has MIDI out and also a more sophisticated synth engine.

Yea, I'm hoping to make the keyboard a lot more flexible in 2.0!

• @benkamen Yepp, I have Ondes too and I've looked everywhere in it trying to disable the 'glide' to enable 'harp like' playing by sweeping the finger left and right on the screen without much success and also I am a PWM addict...

The 'ondes type' control over the lead-sound in Chordion would be very, very welcome addition :)

• Samu check the snap function! though it'll not quite be harp like because each touch gets a voice rather than each note... if that makes sense ...

• @benkamen Got it. I was thinking more in the ways like playing/strumming the 'lines as strings', meaning re-trigger a new note when swiping over the lines. I think that feature would add more to the expressiveness of Ondes :)

To make it 'interesting' there could be a threshold as to how far off from the source-note the drag would bend before 'dropping it' and triggering a new one. So one could 'bend' say a C note to say a G before it's dropped' and a D is triggered. (Easiest to 'get the sound' I'm thinking of as example is to set the pitch-bend depth to 7 semitone, hit C slide up, release the pitch-bend, trigger D and repeat the slide). It cold be used to produce some wacky solo's :D

• I think we need a poll: Do we want the Ben-Man spending his waking hours on this fine puppy or, you know, The Big Dog?

• I'm really enjoying this little app!
    Love how I can use the octagona to control iM1 and the keyboard control Z3TA while having the little looping drum kit playing. Pretty inspiring to get your song juices flowing.
    I can't wait to see what's next for this app!

• Sinister Southern Paws here as well, typing this very message. I think Left-Handed mode has the lead on feature requests so far. But you probably expected that ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    CHUM IN THE WATER!!!

Is this a dirty joke I don't understand? ^^