Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioCopy problem

2»

Comments

• @Samu said:

@Retronyms said:

Are you referring to the general pasteboard feature? The one that appears when AudioCopy app is not installed on your device?

I'm referring to the standard iOS iCloudDrive/DocumentPicker.
    https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/DocumentPickerProgrammingGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html

Hi Samu,

I was just reading your post and just thinking how would be IOS music if you would have been a dev... this makes me think: I dont know how old are you but it's never too late to learn programming! Go Samu go!

• I deleted AudioCopy this morning. Now when I try and paste copied audio into an app, for example Egoist, it tries to open Mixtikl 6, which is a bit weird. More hassle than going through the AudioCopy rigmarole.

• @AlexB said:

Hi Samu,

I was just reading your post and just thinking how would be IOS music if you would have been a dev... this makes me think: I dont know how old are you but it's never too late to learn programming! Go Samu go!

Well, I'm 44 at the moment suffering from quite bad eye-sight...
    I'm also more of a 'tech-geek' than a 'programmer' and try to keep my self up-to-date on what's happening :)
    Photography and messing around with noise-generating apps are my main hobbies.

I did some programming in the old C64 & Amiga-days. Never felt 'comfortable' with C/C++ nor the Cocoa stuff.
    Right now I just do occasional playing around with the Playground app trying to get a grip on Swift :D

But I do feel that supporting standard features on any OS should be a priority instead of relying on 3rd party frameworks as it keeps the user-experience consistent.

• @AlexB said:

@Retronyms said:

@Retronyms said:

@AlexB said:
    Hi, i contacted some weeks ago to your support team as Audiocopy is not able to import samples anymore. When you try to import samples from audiocopy to any app a message appears saying "Failed to connect to Audiocopy.Please try again" . This happens with any app I try. Support team confirmed to me that the problem could be seen on their side and they would work on it but this already happened end of August. Are you aware of this bug? Any chance this will be solved?

@Littlewoodg said:
    Thanks @Retronyms (Eric I'm guessing?). Been working AudioCopy, Tabletop and iMPC Pro a lot lately, and I'm glad to see you're on the case.

I just talked to one of the Korg devs and he said that Gadget is still on AudioCopy SDK 3.2 which does not have this fix. He said he's going to update AudioCopy SDK to the latest with the next Gadget app update. I have no idea when that will be, but keep an eye out for it and please thank the Korg devs for the future update!

Korg updated the Gadget app with the latest AudioCopy SDK! I just tested out AudioPasting into Gadget with a very large AudioCopy library and it connected and pastes just fine. Go update your Gadget apps!

If there are other apps still having this problem, let me know directly at [email protected] AND contact the developers of the other app as well.

@Samu said:
    @Retronyms I think one way the AudioCopy SDK could gain more momentum would be to include support for the standard iOS-FilePicker for both Copy & Paste operations.

This would mean that Audio Copy & Paste would no longer be 'limited' to content provided by the AudioCopy.app but would also enable direct pasting from other 'iCloud Drive' sources such as AudioShare, DropBox, iCloudDrive etc.

I think this is at least worth some consideration and would make many of us here more than happy :)

Are you referring to the general pasteboard feature? The one that appears when AudioCopy app is not installed on your device?

Hi Eric,

Just tried and it works great with Korg Gadget! BIG THANKS!

Just sent you an email with other apps that have the same problem ( Launchpad,Drumperfect Pro) .

All the best

Thanks I just wrote to those companies in your email.

@Samu said:

@Retronyms said:

I'm referring to the standard iOS iCloudDrive/DocumentPicker.
    https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/DocumentPickerProgrammingGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html

Thanks for suggesting this. I don't know much about it but it seems like a good idea. I've sent it on to our devs.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I deleted AudioCopy this morning. Now when I try and paste copied audio into an app, for example Egoist, it tries to open Mixtikl 6, which is a bit weird. More hassle than going through the AudioCopy rigmarole.

This is an issue with the AudioCopy SDK in their app. When was the last time you updated Mixtikl? I see they updated their AudioCopy SDK on October 6th in iTunes. Do you have the latest version installed?

• Hey Eric, (@retronyms) seems that the new app, FLM 3 from Image Line, is having trouble with the AudioCopy connect, at least on iPhone 6, will reach out to Scott over there but thought I'd mention here as well. All is well with Air 2 and the 2 apps.

• @Retronyms said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I deleted AudioCopy this morning. Now when I try and paste copied audio into an app, for example Egoist, it tries to open Mixtikl 6, which is a bit weird. More hassle than going through the AudioCopy rigmarole.

This is an issue with the AudioCopy SDK in their app. When was the last time you updated Mixtikl? I see they updated their AudioCopy SDK on October 6th in iTunes. Do you have the latest version installed?

Yeah, I'm running the latest versions of everything, so I guess they didn't fix it.

• edited December 2016

@retronyms Thanks, looking forward to the 'results'.

I'm also hoping you'll consider adding input monitoring to AudioCopy.app when making recordings.

Use case scenario is as follows...
    Attach an input device (iRig Mic HD) and a pair of headphones.
    Now it makes pretty much sense to be able to enable monitoring to hear what is coming thru the mic prior to starting the recording right?

As for generic file-management AudioShare pretty much covers what iOS musicians need so it's a good regerence to keep an eye on for 'ideas'.

Kudos to Eric for all the good support work too :)

Just adding a picture of the 'setup' where Input-Monitoring would be a really handy feature to have in AudioCopy.app

• @Samu said:

@AlexB said:
    Cocoa stuff.

For a minute, I thought you were talking about the TRS-80 Color Computer, which you could program to play songs in Color BASIC.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Hey Eric, (@retronyms) seems that the new app, FLM 3 from Image Line, is having trouble with the AudioCopy connect, at least on iPhone 6, will reach out to Scott over there but thought I'd mention here as well. All is well with Air 2 and the 2 apps.

@Denzkps said:
    I think Auria has the same problem
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/16378/auria-pro-and-pasting-problem#latest

Thanks. Ill check both Auria and FL Studio too and contact their devs.

@Samu said:
    @retronyms Thanks, looking forward to the 'results'.

I'm also hoping you'll consider adding input monitoring to AudioCopy.app when making recordings.

Use case scenario is as follows...
    Attach an input device (iRig Mic HD) and a pair of headphones.
    Now it makes pretty much sense to be able to enable monitoring to hear what is coming thru the mic prior to starting the recording right?

As for generic file-management AudioShare pretty much covers what iOS musicians need so it's a good regerence to keep an eye on for 'ideas'.

Kudos to Eric for all the good support work too :)

Thanks!

Input monitoring is kinda a weird one. I know we don't have the option in app for this (and it would be nice to have) but some of those external devices actually do allow monitoring with our apps. For example the Focusrite iTrack Dock. I had a customer write in a year ago about not being able to monitor with this device, but after fiddling around with it myself I was able to get it to work. No workarounds, just had to find the right way to use the device. I know some of those other devices have the ability to do that too but I haven't messed with the iRig Mic HD so I can't help ya on that one.

Do you have any examples of iOS apps that utilize the Document Picker? I'd like to see how they use it.

• @Retronyms said:

Do you have any examples of iOS apps that utilize the Document Picker? I'd like to see how they use it.

Cubasis, AudoShare, BeatHawk, TwistedWave, FileHub, iFiles 2 , FileBrowser, Keynote, Pages, GarageBand and Elastic Drums to name a few.

The 'technology' uses different names in different apps, some call it 'iCloud Drive', some 'File Picker', some 'Document Picker' but what is common is that all of them have a 'Location' tab up in the left corner that allows the user to select supported services present on the device (DropBox, GoogleDrive, iCloudDrive etc.).

Regarding the 'Monitoring' it's also present in Cubasis, the little 'speaker icon' in the track inspector.
    AudioShare also has a monitoring feature as does TwistedWave.

I think from the technology standpoint it's just a matter of a 'pass/play thru' feature and iOS CoreAudio takes care of what devices are attached and routers it accordingly (For example connecting headphone to the iPad overrides the selected output-device).

And as a 'case study' AudioShare is a good example :)

Thanks for your time and interest in the topic.
    /Samuel

• @Retronyms audiocopy will not work in tabletop or anything else right now for some reason with YOUR apps. Sent you an email about it. Perhaps it's time to do an update on tabletop?

Lion

• @TrueSchoolEnt said:
    @Retronyms audiocopy will not work in tabletop or anything else right now for some reason with YOUR apps. Sent you an email about it. Perhaps it's time to do an update on tabletop?

Lion

Not sure why thats happening, but I sent you a reply.

@Samu said:

@Retronyms said:

Cubasis, AudoShare, BeatHawk, TwistedWave, FileHub, iFiles 2 , FileBrowser, Keynote, Pages, GarageBand and Elastic Drums to name a few.

The 'technology' uses different names in different apps, some call it 'iCloud Drive', some 'File Picker', some 'Document Picker' but what is common is that all of them have a 'Location' tab up in the left corner that allows the user to select supported services present on the device (DropBox, GoogleDrive, iCloudDrive etc.).

Regarding the 'Monitoring' it's also present in Cubasis, the little 'speaker icon' in the track inspector.
    AudioShare also has a monitoring feature as does TwistedWave.

I think from the technology standpoint it's just a matter of a 'pass/play thru' feature and iOS CoreAudio takes care of what devices are attached and routers it accordingly (For example connecting headphone to the iPad overrides the selected output-device).

And as a 'case study' AudioShare is a good example :)

Thanks for your time and interest in the topic.
    /Samuel

Thanks for the examples and info. I haven't had time to go over each of those apps but I think I know what you're talking about it just remembering when Ive seen it in other apps. Ill spend some time looking at it when I have a bit more time.

• I’ve the same problem and just delete AudioCopy.