Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Future version of AudioBus - Suggestion:

After the ultimate update of Cubasis, I and those like me who has an iPad 4, I've noticed that it is possible to open a large number of synth without incurring CPU problems.
My proposal is: a greater number of input slots with a mixer to adjust the input levels directly in AudioBus, besides the possibility to pass effect in various slots.
What do you think?

Comments

• Ooh, that's an interesting answer! It's like it was already in your thoughts....

• Yes???

Oh yes!

Even on iPad2 the effects routing would be useful. I'd just like to be able to route different Loopy tracks thru separate Audiobus effects apps simultaneously.

• I want to have a DrumJam loop going clean, an iFretless Bass loop going through JamUp while I play guitarism live through AmpKit :D

• I'd still like to see Audiobus disappear into my DAW of choice. I don't want another mixer and another fx router and another place to store/recall set ups.

Not that I'll turn it away! Just feel like Audiobus "the app" is ultimately a stop gap.

• I'm not convinced yet that the plug-in workflow that we know from the desktop can be translated successfully to the iPad or even any touch based interface. Just from a UX perspective that is.

• edited April 2013

Cheers @sebastian. I don't mean a traditional plugin workflow per se.

Couple of scenarios in say cubasis:

• New track -> type Audiobus->select an input app

• New fx send->type Audiobus->select a filter app

• New track -> type Audiobus -> bounce AB filter

• Last insert on the master bus -> select AB output app

These actions would still launch the app exactly the way AB does now. Panel and everything.

Absolutely not dissing the current Audiobus app (nor how creamily you've put it together). Just think that one day a lot of what the app physically (?) does could/should be melted into a DAW.

• Why would you want to type "Audiobus" all the time? I never really got the hang of text adventures.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• IT'S CALLED BRAND RESPECT! Also, autocomplete on my phone. :)

• I love text adventures! They made me really fast at typing Rumplestiltskin... which is an essential skill for life in general

• @syrupcore But if AudioBus was simply a technology that existed inside other apps to launch related apps, there would be no need for a separate app. What would be its function at that point? It might be difficult to achieve that degree of integration by means of the external app. Sounds to me more like you want a hidden technology like AudioCopy/Paste? Perhaps the AudioBus app becomes a means of allocating functionality rather than allowing access, because that would be done in-app?

• @periurban that's sorta what I'm getting at. No more AB app. If you own a DAW that has paid handsome licensing fees for the ability to serve as AB host, that is. :)

• @Rhism I wondered how you ended up with the name Rhism. You must have been typing REALLY fast.

• edited April 2013

we are going out of my initial point....what is Audiobus? Is a big mixer of the all apps....and I say only if it have, like a real mixer, a faders for mix the apps :-)

• @Sinapsya_AB I imagine it going in the direction of AB itself becoming a DAW as it is the host for all the plug-ins. But I like @syrupcore's idea of letting other DAWs pay licensing fees to AB to let them play the role of host.