Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does the iOS app 'Grit' work for anyone?

Hello good people - I'm confused / intrigued by the app 'Grit' (once called 'Crud'?)
Is anyone able to use this app? It was updated April 6, 2015 but a stream of reviews after that date would suggest it's not functioning. It's listed as 'iOS8 Ready' in the Audiobus list (which is great) but I'm concerned by those reviews.

I'm on an iPad Air with iOS 7.0 .. but interested if it works within 8.3 too if anyone has any feedback -- thanks!

Comments

• I'm on an iPad Air 1 running iOS 8.3 and 'Grit' runs OK. The only niggle is that it appears only in landscape and only in one orientation, upside down to the way I hold the iPad, so of course I turn the iPad around which then confuses my on the home button. Anyway I just opened it and tried it with Audiobus through Crystalline and there where no problems, it's a limited program but has some nice gnarly sounds.

• @pangolin big thanks for the reply and report - x

• Currently using it no problems through Caramel in Audiobus, OS 8.2, Air 1. Grit may be a one trick pony, but it's a dirty, nasty, snarling trick :)

• thanks too to @eustressor -- and for anyone interested I rolled the dice myself and can confirm Grit does Not work on iPad Air running iOS 7.0. (app crashes on launch)
    (for several app-reasons it might be time now to update my iOS)

• edited April 2015

Last update - 6 April - No contents description at all.

I'm still using the older version of Grit and it's ok (iOS 7.1.2) in standalone mode. In AB, it works but can't be processed by any effects.

There are updates for Sidpad and Studio 1111 hanging here as well. A friend of mine updated those and they're not working anymore. The same happened to Grit. All crash at launch.

• thanks @FRibeiro - I found it strange as well that there were no details listed in the latest Grit version history (just "Version 2")

I've just tried it on my iPhone under iOS 7.1 and the result is the same as iPad running 7.0 - crash on launch.

Concluding that the update Requires iOS 8 for the latest version.

• As an update to my previous comment, the orientation problem has just been fixed today (23rd April) with 'Version 3' of 'Grit'.