Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unable to use Audiobus with Cubasis

Hi,

Since getting Cubasis and Audiobus, i have been unabke to use the two together. Cubasis consistently crashes when launched from Audiobus.

Since Cubasis is my daw, Audiobus has been all but useless for me. Rebooting the ipad does not help.

Anyone have a clue what's up?

Latest version of cubasis and audio bus.
Ios 8.3. (8.1 had the same issue).
Ipad air 2.
Steinberg UR44 audio interface.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi RigVader,

You've found a known issue, I'm afraid - the Cubasis team know about it; expect a solution soon. Also: I haven't tried this myself, but there's a chance it'll work - try plugging your interface in only after starting Cubasis.

• Many thanks, good to know michael.

• Do you know if the problem is specific to the UR44 or the UR range?

• Cubasis only crashes when using my external soundcard. Steinbergs confirms the issue, but was not clear on if this only affects the UR44 or all/more external sound cards.

It should be fixed in the next release of Cubasis, for which there is no public release date, but seems to be a big update and a while off.

• After quite some time of engineering and testing tasks to fulfil the big package of tasks (iOS 64 bit support, new features, maintenance) the release check phase of the next Cubasis update is coming closer.

It will take some time still until the updated will be available, but the longer waiting period is behind us definitely.

We can confirm that the Audiobus/Cubasis/Interface issue will be fixed in this update.

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks for the update lars. Looking forward to the update :-)

• edited June 2015

Never mind.Only interface related.