Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Interfaces

1234568»

Comments

• Oh, And I use it for 10 string stick and 8 string NS bass. Preamps sound pretty good.

~side note: I scored an ion allstar guitar for cheap. The buttons on the fretboard work pretty damn well so far! HA, a toy I thought but with some midi synchronization Its like almost ACE so far haha. WOW

• @jimbomull said:
    I just purchased an IRig Pro from Amazon for £69. I did not know they existed, and kinda found it by accident. The sound quality is stunning, and there is no background noise at all, as it uses the digital input on the Ipad Air. You can also fit a studio mike, and midi in via a small connector. It uses a PP3 type battery, and it does not seem to drain the Ipad battery unduly.

I like the look of this one, though the price is a bit high at the moment - how are you getting on with it? I'm keen on the guitar + mic + midi connectivity it provides - does it power a small midi keyboard?

Thanks

• I bought an iRig HD a while back and nothing but good things to say about it.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    I bought an iRig HD a while back and nothing but good things to say about it.

Thanks, I've heard the quality is supposed to be good.

I'm interested in the Pro as it can also handle Mic's and MIDI keyboards as well - though on closer inspection it's old style MIDI connectors rather than USB, which rules out my little Korg. If the HD version could power a mic I'd get that and the Apple Camera Kit for MIDI.

Wish the Pro was cheaper, it's a bit steep.

• I have an iRig Pro, and it's a wonderful little device. I play my electric and bass direct in, and plug my condenser mic into it. It sounds fantastic, easy to use, very portable. I don't really have a need for more inputs, so it's pretty much perfect. Highly recommend it to anyone who is only in need of a single input.

• @gkillmaster said:
    wow, so surprising. Has anyone used the Guitarjack 2?

Really nice sound quality but when using SW GJ2 with Garageband/iOS 7(my go-to iOS DAW), it will be working fine then suddenly I will get an ear-bursting blast of white noise that won't stop 'til I go out of the app. I do not have the issue when using Apogee Jam. Sonoma techs have yet to come up with a resolution.

• @rickwaugh said:
    I have an iRig Pro, and it's a wonderful little device. I play my electric and bass direct in, and plug my condenser mic into it. It sounds fantastic, easy to use, very portable. I don't really have a need for more inputs, so it's pretty much perfect. Highly recommend it to anyone who is only in need of a single input.

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't bought anything yet but keen to get some guitar in.

I had decided on the Apogee Jam, but it's quite pricey, so was thinking instead about the iRig HD. Problem is neither of these can power a mic, which is why I was initially looking at the Pro. Just checked and the Pro's come down in price, and with shipping is about the same as the Jam now. So....maybe I need to grab this soon...

• @monzo, that is certainly one of the beauties of it. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of the two units to check how they sound. I can't claim to be an expert, but I'd bet I'd be hard done by to tell the difference soundwise between the Apogee and the iRig.

• Sounds like it might be the best option for me as I want to use a mic as well. Good stuff.

• @monzo Amazon UK have a Warehouse Deal "used - like new" iRig Pro for the same price as the IRig HD or JAM which includes a 30 day return if there is any problem with it... Hope that helps your decision making!!

• edited July 2015

What's the forum's go-to MIDI foot pedal(s) for Loopy and general other duties at the moment, guys?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    What's the forum's go-to MIDI foot pedal(s) for Loopy and general other duties at the moment, guys?

The behringer fcb1010 is a solid unit for little money, especially used. Lots of fcb users on the Loopy forum to help out.

• edited August 2015

hi everyone, I'm looking for something compact with midi and runs on batteries like the iRig Pro but with 2 inputs instead of one, anything like that out there? :)

• edited August 2015

@necrome
    http://www.roland.com/products/duo-capture_ex/

I don't think there is anything else that fits.

• Greetings y'all!

Anybody knows if any of these interfaces:
    Sonic Port/vpx
    Apogee Jam/96
    iRig Pro/Hd
    Sonoma Guitarjack model2/ USB

work with a USB Hub (so as to allow simultaneous use of the Guitar input and Midi USB via CCK?

My iDevice is an iPhone 4s
    I have an Apogee Jam (the first one) but it decided to snuff it last night (plus I seem to have lost the USB cable so never tried connecting it to a hub)

Thanks a Giga!

• @owlie Sure it works. Just tested in my iPhone 6. Irig hd into hub, irig keys into hub. Hub into cck and into iPhone. Works perfectly. No need for a powered hub.

• edited August 2015

@Owlie said:
    Greetings y'all!

Anybody knows if any of these interfaces:
    Sonic Port/vpx
    Apogee Jam/96
    iRig Pro/Hd
    Sonoma Guitarjack model2/ USB

work with a USB Hub (so as to allow simultaneous use of the Guitar input and Midi USB via CCK?

My iDevice is an iPhone 4s
    I have an Apogee Jam (the first one) but it decided to snuff it last night (plus I seem to have lost the USB cable so never tried connecting it to a hub)

Thanks a Giga!

The Sonic Port doesn't come with a usb cable. Looks like it's ios only.

• edited September 2015

I have the iRig pro. Amplitude was updated to their desktop stuff, so it's much better probably, BTW.

Point is: iK now has the 'Powerbridge' which powers the stupid iPad. $70US for a stupid Ac adapter because Apple is ball dropping here.
    Anyway, it's sort of mandatory if your using this stuff as those sims drain the battery right quick.

update:

I just found out that there are some other attractive options that supply power (from the Gearpage). Apparently, Ampkit HD and Sonicport VX can charge iOS. Surprising a bit, I hadn't know this. I had the iTrack dock, which is great, but it makes the platform large to the point that I might as well use a laptop, and it was only landscape which made manuscript reading difficult. I like to use the iPad on a cheap music stand.

Anyway, iOS was gimped without power for me. Just could stand how it worked that way.
    Now with these solutions, i'm back on the wagon. A great platform for audio.

• Yeah I think I may invest in Apogee. I actually knew about the bleed before I bought the iRig but I didn't mind too much as it was for practice and recording ideas but now with the sounds on JamUp being so good, the doors opened by Audibus and the quality of all my other apps its time for a change

• edited December 2015

For any of these iRigs and interfaces you can get a more sound options by using them with MicSwap or MicSwap Pro. Adjust the gain in the MicSwap app and swap mics to get a sound that works best.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/future-moments/id895157892

• For anyone interested, the Zoom G3 has built in effects and can use up to six effects at once and it works with the iPad as an external audio insterface via the Apple CCK and an unpowered USB hub. It also runs on AA batteries. The sound is amazing and its not that big. 
  • @Tones4Christ said:
    For anyone interested, the Zoom G3 has built in effects and can use up to six effects at once and it works with the iPad as an external audio insterface via the Apple CCK and an unpowered USB hub. It also runs on AA batteries. The sound is amazing and its not that big. 

That's a good tip, especially because external pedals have come up a few times in the last week or so!

• edited December 2015

Noticed a new guitar interface on Synthtopia. It's the newest version(s) of the Sonoma GuitarJack and both look pretty nice. They both have the iOS interface holy grail: device charging. One better: it looks like it will happily run off of bus power when it's not plugged into the wall and will charge the iOS device when it is plugged into the wall. I've not seen that combo before.

The stage model, at $299, is pretty spendy for a guitar interface but it has some awfully nice features including "5 knobs, 4 foot switches, and 4 LEDs control MIDI enabled software" as well as an expression pedal input which sounds to me like it could be a perfect one-stop interface for people who want an interface and to control stuff like Loopy or Tonestack/Bias/etc with their feet. If anyone goes for it, please report back.

Full text from the synthtopia "article" (basically a press release) copied below in case the link dies:

Sonoma Wire Works has released a new generation of audio interfaces for Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android systems.

Successors to the GuitarJack Model 2, StudioJack Mini and GuitarJack Stage are now shipping.

Shared Features:

• 2-in/2-out audio with 24-bit/48kHz AD/DA converters
    • Mono Hi-Z 1/4 inch input for guitar/bass
    • Stereo mic/line 1/4 inch input for vocals/keyboards
    • 2 analog input level knobs with LED metering
    • 1 stereo 1/4 inch output for headphones
    • Pass-through charging for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (and reduction of power consumption for compatible Android devices)
    • Device powered, no batteries required, and external power is required only for pass-through charging
    • Plug-in power for electret microphones
    • Lightning cable (iPhone/iPad)
    • OTG cable adapter (Micro USB for Android)
    • USB cable for Mac/Win
    • Sonoma_wireworks_studiojack_mini

GuitarJack Stage Additional Features:

• Expression pedal jack to control wah, volume, or other effects
    • 2 line level ¼ inch outputs (left and right) for monitors/amps/mixer
    • 1 stereo ¼ inch output for headphones
    • 5 knobs, 4 foot switches, and 4 LEDs control MIDI enabled software

Pricing:

• StudioJack Mini ($149)
    • GuitarJack Stage ($299)

(I don't have any affiliation with any of the above)

• edited March 2016

Here is my little test of Line 6 Sonic Port on iPhone with Garage Band.
    I tested my Fender Precision and Jazz basses.
    Sample is divided into four parts:
    1. Jazz both pickups
    2. Jazz bridge pickup
    3. Jazz neck pickup
    4. Precision Bass -real power :-)

https://soundcloud.com/mark-bether/jazz-vs-precision-fender-bass