Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Man, I love this community as much as the app!

I think I've been coming here everyday for the last month now for all my needs.
iTunes really sucks. There update system sucks.
Why isn't there an 'Update Notification' popping up on my iDevices?
The store sucks for searching for specific apps, as well.

Firk it.... this community seems like all I need.

Audiobus really brings it all together!

Comments

• There seems much less of the pettiness on this forum than most others. I've seen apologies, video apologies, and all sorts of friendliness on this forum! Most other forum end up being hostile and ignorant...

• Good place to be...nice to have you!

• Seems to be some knee jerk reactions on here but it makes for good entertainment!

• I feel the same, been on stacks of forums over the years and rarely stay there more than a week or so or until I find what I need, hardly ever getting involved because you see all the negative BS posted by the so called experts who seem to think its there place in life to put people who are trying to learn down...this forum however seems to be like the Audiobus app itself..new and fresh..lets hope it stays this way, because like jackfancy says this is the only place you need to be really when it concerns not only Audiobus but many other music apps, even ones that are not on the Bus yet.

• Very true and like you I also hope that more members doesn't mean more problems. Maybe one of two things will happen... They will see how nice and helpful we all are and get scared away, or they will put their differences aside and join in!

• Yep, love it here. You guys are awesome.

• Very true. I get more out of this forum than any other source in regards to iOS music apps and music in general.

• What can I say, it's pretty rare when developers, who are actually competitors, can come together and chat friendly-like. That plus the tight community here makes for a great forum.

Oh, and there is the "Christmas" feeling here just about every day that helps lighten the mood. ;)

• edited April 2013

This place is the center of IOS music .

• Quite frankly I find this community to be an even greater accomplishment than the Audiobus app itself. And the app is pretty fantastic to begin with!

• edited April 2013

@Rhism that's a pretty interesting thing to say. I never really thought about it, but I might just agree. It's an amazing source of information, and often times directly from the app's developer (like yourself).

• @boone51 The valuable source of information is just the starting point, and then it's so much more. Unprecedented things happen here on a regular basis. Grown men apologizing to each other via song? Only on the Audiobus forums. It's the first non-toxic online community I've ever seen :)

• It's a beautiful thing!

• Crying.

• Ok, I'm not. But still.

• Man, you can just feel the love!

• Love is good. This forum probably works so well because we all share an amazement at how good this technology is, and how it has enhanced our creative lives. I see very little disagreement on that idea! Also, given the nature of the ecosphere we operate in as creative people, we seem to be easily able to forgive the few problems that might occur. That means fewer rants from angry customers.

• In many cases Devs on other sites, appoint moderators on their sites that are not qualified in the area of product knowledge, which further frustrates forum attendees. Here we have a qualified Dev that knows his product.

• Agreed. This is an awesome community. I almost think the forum should be built right into the audiobus app. Where we could chat, get notifications, and browse topics without leaving the Ab app. That's a lot of work to integrate that though so it's just a daydream. :-)

• Awesome idea @Ryan

• @Ryan +1 Now, THAT would be beautiful!

• @Ryan Love it. I imagine it could just be an HTML container tab in the AB app...

• Nice glad you guys think it's a good idea. @Rhism Yeah, that'd work to get it in there for sure. I was thinking a little more integration with maybe little badges on the ab panel to let you know you had a notification and some kind of live chat.. so people that hate forums can just ask their question live while they are working. The chat wouldn't be too hard either, as out dated as it is, they could make an IRC server and come up with a web plugin for it.. I wrote one years ago but it's ugly code by todays standards. lol Michael could do a lot better. But that'd be cool as hell for getting help.. specially if the dev of the apps you are having problems with was online at the time. ;-)

But you are right @Rhism, just even a "community" tab at the bottom of the AB app next to the "connections" "apps" "help" tabs with the forum in a web browser plug, would be really really cool and probably easy for Sebastian and Michael to implement. Just gets my mind racing at all the other community type things that would be really cool also. :-)

• ...and once AB adds support for saving / loading configurations, it'd be unreal if we could share our setups on the forums and have them be hyper-clickable in the AB app to load them up for anyone who clicks, assuming they have the apps involved.

• edited April 2013

That would be sick. Have its own extension like .ab and we could open in.... the forum aspect to get the basic thing going HTML container would suffice but would be pretty and know @Sebastian and @Michael and our "pickyness" it would be a well implemented with additional features. I would almost consider notifications to be necessity

• Good suggestions. It's pretty much a given that we have to support presets (other developers are requesting that as well).

• What would be unbelievably fantastic: once Audiobus adds support for presets and adds a "MIDIBus" like capability, if people could export/share a full project with not only the presets for each app but also its raw midi data. E.g. for the All Along The Watchtower recording I did with Hans and Jesse, we could just publish the entire project file out and you guys could load it up, tweak the instruments and settings and re-render / remix the results. Other than the vocals the project file would be pretty light-weight - just an AB preset + multi-track MIDI file. That would be a game-changer for remote collaboration on music creation.

• Great idea @Rhism.