Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Itunes File Sharing Tips?

I never do this but there are some greats apps where it's the only way to transfer files in or out.

Anybody have any tips or app recommendations to make the process faster?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• thnx! ill check it out!

• +1 for iFunbox. It's a desktop application that lets you access the internal document files of the apps on your idevice.

Very simple and intuitive to use...so much faster than iTunes.

• I saw it works with the app Ifileexpress?

• +1 for i-funbox. It's perfect for adding FOLDERS that were organized on your desktop into AudioShare.

• I think we should be able to Audiocopy/paste from such apps as Audioshare into the iTunes library.....is this even possible ?

• @DaveMagoo: Unfortunately not. Many users are asking me to add ability to export sounds into the music library, but iOS does not allow this. One can only export photos and videos, not songs. :(

• just downloaded all the ifunbox files but theres no install file or readme file. is this like a linux thing where one needs to compile all the files together or something to make it work?

thnx in advance

• @gjcyrus: I used this one: http://i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/
    It's a standard DMG with an app inside it. They also have a windows version in case your not using Mac.

• Quick aside @j_liljedahl are you the dude who did the album "Out Of Silence"? If so two thumbs up

• Wasn't that Yanni?

• There is one by Yanni, but this is a different album by Jogeir Lilijedahl http://www.lynnemusic.com/jogeir-outofsilence.html

• edited April 2013

Different first name, so it's unlikely.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/audioshare-audio-document/id543859300?mt=8

Nice tunes though.

• Good detective work Paul.

I really like the album & much of Bjorn Lynne's stuff to (particularly The Void, Quiet Places, Nanoteknika & Crystal Horizon)

• Bjorn Lynne has come a long way since I first heard his music back in the late 90s. His compositions were ok, but a lot of the sounds he used sounded like they came from a GM MIDI soundcard. He borrowed the drummer of my old band back then for a recording he did with a number of guest musicians, but I don't know what it was called. Nowadays his synth sounds are lovely, but it seems he's not as interested in epic songwriting as he was.

• edited May 2013

Yeah he is perusing his business side which while understandable is a shame. We only got the last two albums as me & others kept bugging him about when he was releasing the next album. If he went digital only he could release more often and even just song by song, or themed ep's.

I love the small world aspect, that through a forum about Audiobus & iOS music I end up meeting someone who'se drummer did stuff for Lynne. (Apologies for delay in answering, I've been off grid for a bit)

• edited May 2013

@j_liljedahl is there an opportunity if you can export videos, to somehow to convert the audio to mp4 and thereby still import the audio to the iTunes library?

Then we just need all audio apps to play mp4 files as audio files or am I just dreaming ?

Is a play on file tags the revolution we need to overcome the iTunes file sharing paradigm ?

• edited May 2013

Plus one to what Dave said above (if it's possible)

@Dave - Forgive me if you already know this but a workaround until J makes his new Audioshare iTunes IAP is to use iFunbox to pull your recordings from say Audioshare folder and then transfer them directly into your music library.