Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Diode-108 Drum machine out with Audiobus!

Comments

• edited April 2015

Great app! I've had some free time to play with it today. For me what I like about it is how much control you have for each hit.

Some ideas:
    Pitch - add a piano roll on the left hand side. It would be nice to see visually what note you are hitting.

Special FX - expand the controls for the effects. Tap the effect and a panel comes up with knobs and sliders with additional features.

• @mkell424 said:
    Great app! I've had some free time to play with it today. For me what I like about it is how much control you have for each hit.

Some ideas:
    Pitch - add a piano roll on the left hand side. It would be nice to see visually what note you are hitting.

Special FX - expand the controls for the effects. Tap the effect and a panel comes up with knobs and sliders with additional features.

Great suggestions. We're logging all of these, and we really appreciate the time people take to tell us how the app could be better for them.

• haha! very groovy! Isn't it?

Eagerly waiting it updated and put it in the IAA slot!

• @Kaikoo said:
    haha! very groovy! Isn't it?

Eagerly waiting it updated and put it in the IAA slot!

Howdy Kaikoo. We enabled IAA in order to implement Audiobus. What update are you awaiting, the MIDI sync so that we are interoperable with your other apps?

• edited April 2015

Can you copy patterns?

Never mind ..I found the copy button.

• @mkell424 said:
    Can you copy patterns?

Never mind ..I found the copy button.

Yeah, I'm now in the habit of making 4 or so copies of many patterns right away, and then crafting variations.

• edited April 2015

MIDI clock would be great so you could sync it to a DAW like Cubasis. With transport start and stop.

• @mkell424 said:
    MIDI clock would be great so you could sync it to a DAW like Cubasis. With transport start and stop.

Perfect!

• edited April 2015

I bought it early based on your participation on this site and the good reviews. I am a guitar player and don't do EDM, etc. I found the 1 bar limit just too much of a pain for me so I'll put it aside until that is fixed. Building the 150-250+ bar songs I typically build its a pain to keep your place with 250 1 bar sequences.It makes it impossible to put together a song and keep your place. Otherwise it seems to be a great app as others have mentioned.

I've always thought there should be something between pattern and song so we could group and reuse the patterns, say pattern sequence or similar. If this was added I would be more than happy, a much better solution IMHO. In Logic Pro I always break it down midi drum (and other instruments) tracks I create by creating regions for each song section, ie. intro, 1st Verse, etc., so its easy to keep track of the place. Quite often the large chunks repeat so verse 2, and 3 might just be dups of verse 1. This would allow us to duplicate that in Diode108.

Otherwise it looks great and I have confidence you'll come up with something that will solve my problem. Cheers and thanks again for the participation

• @BigDawgsByte said:
    I bought it early based on your participation on this site and the good reviews. I am a guitar player and don't do EDM, etc. I found the 1 bar limit just too much of a pain for me so I'll put it aside until that is fixed. Building the 150-250+ bar songs I typically build its a pain to keep your place with 250 1 bar sequences.It makes it impossible to put together a song and keep your place. Otherwise it seems to be a great app as others have mentioned.

I've always thought there should be something between pattern and song so we could group and reuse the patterns, say pattern sequence or similar. If this was added I would be more than happy, a much better solution IMHO. In Logic Pro I always break it down midi drum (and other instruments) tracks I create by creating regions for each song section, ie. intro, 1st Verse, etc., so its easy to keep track of the place. Quite often the large chunks repeat so verse 2, and 3 might just be dups of verse 1. This would allow us to duplicate that in Diode108.

Otherwise it looks great and I have confidence you'll come up with something that will solve my problem. Cheers and thanks again for the participation

Understood. We agree and have discussed everything from quick hacks to full systems. Something will happen along these lines.

• Impressive attention diode-person....

• edited April 2015

Quick poll. How would you most likely use Diode-108 MIDI?

1) I want to send Diode MIDI notes so I can record hits into patterns

2) I want to sync MIDI, with Diode as slave

3) I want to sync MIDI, with Diode as master

4) I want to use Diode-108 as a sequencer and send MIDI Notes out.

Also, if you would like to be a MIDI beta tester, please hit us up at our support page. First three who state willingness to be a guinea pig will be chosen first, but others may be added later. Thanks!

• 5) I want Diode-108 to be able to copy/paste.

:)

I know, I know, but my mother always said that we come to love the nagging voice the most (I have yet to see personal evidence of this; although I do love my mother etc).

• Since Diode-108 has such good pattern and song functions, I think number 2) sync MIDI, with Diode as slave, is the most important feature to implement ASAP for building compositions in Cubasis, Auria Pro, Loopy HD, and other DAWs.

• edited April 2015

2 as slave

• edited April 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    5) I want Diode-108 to be able to copy/paste.

:)

I know, I know, but my mother always said that we come to love the nagging voice the most (I have yet to see personal evidence of this; although I do love my mother etc).

Johnny, you want copy paste? Please hit the support email requesting to be a beta tester for that. ;-)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    5) I want Diode-108 to be able to copy/paste.

+1

And 8-16 bar patterns please!

• @solador78 said:
    And 8-16 bar patterns please!

Noted again. I'll put a little star next to it in the roadmap. :-)

• I want Diode as slave and more bar pattern please...What about differents skin?

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    I want Diode as slave and more bar pattern please...What about differents skin?

Thanks. That's the third slave vote so far, which is what I was expecting. As for the other popular requests, after the next release we will likely get a poll up on our website for users to vote on what they want.

• @bsantoro said:
    Since Diode-108 has such good pattern and song functions, I think number 2) sync MIDI, with Diode as slave, is the most important feature to implement ASAP for building compositions in Cubasis, Auria Pro, Loopy HD, and other DAWs.

Entirely this. +1.

• edited April 2015

2 if I had to choose. But both alternatives would be great. There are some great effect apps like Effectrix that needs a master clock from another app. And more are on the way so..

(Edit: talking mostly when messing around inside a audiobus environment here, within a host environment option 2 would suffice I guess)

• Slave sync for me please

• @Diode108 said:
    Johnny, you want copy paste? Please hit the support email requesting to be a beta tester for that. ;-)

But then I would have to own the app and I have made a deeply personal and public commitment to not buying the app until it had copy/paste and thus was I caught in an Escher-like dilemma UNTIL as if beneath the wing of the Gods of Fortune I was lucky enough late last night to win a copy of Diode from the very brilliant TSTR and thus now feel it incumbent on me to do my part. Ah, the Game Theory of Self-Interest :)

• edited April 2015

@ChrisG said:

Understood. Seems reasonable. Please assume we want to do lots more in the long term than can be done in the shorter term. :-)

• I can't even begin to figure out a clever answer to that. :-)

• @Diode108 said:
    Understood. Seems reasonable. Please assume we want to do lots more in the long term than can be done in the shorter term. :-)

Yep definitely! And in the short term, giving people a way to use it with a host (like Cubasis, Auria and so on) would be prio nr 1 of course. :) Option 3 would be more like a bonus. :)

• Diode-108 is fantastic: bought it last night and can't put it down: out of a sea of drum apps Diode-108 does So many great things and really shines. Thank You developer(s) !

And this may have been covered already but regarding creating the user-samples import Folder / Path in Dropbox I found that by simply exporting a beta-test beat to Dropbox for the first time the path and folders were automatically generated (i.e.: in addition to my bounced .wav file there were two empty folders: 'Kits' and 'Samples' automatically created)

• @Proppa, that's great to hear! We're hoping to make a big splash with our next update. We are indeed plural (three developers).

We added the Dropbox folder generation with our first update.

• So I gather this pretty much supersedes DM-1 after one more update?