Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Diode-108 Drum machine out with Audiobus!

Comments

• Hi JGY: very promising app, just a per channel midi sync, this app can be the superstar!

• Hello,

I'm glad there is some excitement about the Diode-108. I hope you all found note mode!

I see some issues we will have to address (at least in the manual), and a lot of suggestions.

We have a large roadmap of things we want to do, but it's extremely helpful to know what customers want the most. I regret any missing features that are blocking people from doing what they want, but we had to start somewhere.

I'm very impressed that you guys managed to figure out some things before we found you. Nice detective work. It's very gratifying to see. I will improve the manual and perhaps add a FAQ to the website.

Much more is coming to the Diode-108. This is merely the beginning! We will be looking for beta testers who are willing to work through key new features (especially the tricky ones having to do with the app working alongside DAWs and other apps).

• congratulation!

Diode-108 is really fantastic! I never quite like any drum machine except yours and Seekbeats! Its a hard work! Wishing you have many frequent small updates! It counts on this forum! Doug and musicappblog is your best publicity! Don't be hesitate to your services!

• Thanks Kaikoo. It warms my heart to know the work is appreciated. Our first job is ensuring stability, so we are watching for any troubles people are having that didn't show up in beta testing.

A soft launch isn't entirely possible on the iOS platform, of course (there are many ways that people can find an exciting app), but we are trying to learn as much as we can and fix unexpected issues before we do PR and marketing.

• @Diode108 - yes, note mode is a nifty feature to have included that can really provide lots of scope for ideas. I'm really enjoying the functionality of the app overall. It seems very well thought out indeed. It's exciting to know this is just the start of your ideas for it!

• Ever waiting on the perfect drum machine....could this be it ???
    Seems like it might be ahead of both DM1 & Funkbox.

My dream drum app would also have to include something akin to Glitchbreak's ability to scrub the waveform & Drumjam's 'live input' section.

• @soundtestroom in the pipeline? demos on their site sound good but I need another 808 kit like I need an extra electricity bill this month. I want to see what it can do.

• @Diode108 congrats on the release and welcome to the forum. Great to have you here.

• @syrupcore said:
    soundtestroom in the pipeline? demos on their site sound good but I need another 808 kit like I need an extra electricity bill this month. I want to see what it can do.

My sentiments....

• @syrupcore said:
    Diode108 congrats on the release and welcome to the forum. Great to have you here.

....exactly.

• @Diode108 are you familiar with the market force–of–wonder that is Doug @thesoundtestroom? Get that man a promo code stat! :)

• Thanks syrupcore. Doug has already approached us!

• I have an electric bill that I don't want, if anyone else is interested.

Agreed with The Core and JGY on needing more videos to be persuaded.

• @Doug you sneaky sausage!

• hi Diode while you're here could you just confirm all the ways that samples can be imported into the app, and if there is audio copy paste in the app?

• So far 1) DropBox 2) with a computer in iTunes in the Diode-108 app File Sharing section.

We will surely add more ways.

• Ok and thank you.

• Just wanted to offer up that ""Easily build insane, unlawful, shocking and sublime beats!" Sounds kinda cheesy. Maybe to a 16 year old kid who wants to be the next Skrillex it's sounds cool but I think to most...Well it could be worded better.

• @Holiday said:
    Just wanted to offer up that ""Easily build insane, unlawful, shocking and sublime beats!" Sounds kinda cheesy. Maybe to a 16 year old kid who wants to be the next Skrillex it's sounds cool but I think to most...Well it could be worded better.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Diode108 are there any videos available, I understand that Doug is planning something but I'm talking about videos that come from you?

• Funny aint it, how we're used to certain kinds of hyperbole, but not others?

Insane and/or sublime beats? No problems, understood, didn't even cause me a ripple.

Unlawful and shocking? Not so much :)

• Sweet. I'll consider using crab monsters in the Press Release.

• I think 'unlawful' is a clever one, actually.

• Well, we've seen this before. An attempt to use the "hip" lingo to sell an iOS synth or drum machine. Thing is if you want to be taken seriously you don't pander to kids, unless you are selling a toy. As for an iOS drum machine I think it comes down to quality of sounds, how one can modify those sounds to suit the music they want to create, user friendly GUI, flexibility and how well the drum machine can be used in conjunction with other apps/programs whether iOS or to another environment, a DAW on a Mac for example.

For example; midi tempo sync, ADSR envelope, midi learn, full IAA support (big fan of 32bit), etc.

• @kobamoto said:
    Diode108 are there any videos available, I understand that Doug is planning something but I'm talking about videos that come from you?

• @kobamoto said:
    Diode108 are there any videos available, I understand that Doug is planning something but I'm talking about videos that come from you?

Sorry I missed that question earlier. There are no videos from us yet. Our focus in these first days post-release is to make sure the app is stable before we promote it.

• Got Dropbox to work by using tip earlier in this thread. Would be nice if "open in" was an option for importing samples. Integration with AudioShare is always a plus.
    I think the controls for delay and reverb are too close to edge of screen. They are hard to adjust. Otherwise I think there's a lot of cool stuff here.

• @anickt said:
    Got Dropbox to work by using tip earlier in this thread. Would be nice if "open in" was an option for importing samples. Integration with AudioShare is always a plus.
    I think the controls for delay and reverb are too close to edge of screen. They are hard to adjust. Otherwise I think there's a lot of cool stuff here.

Great. Thanks anickt. We're entering tickets for all these suggestions.

• Welcome to the forum @Diode108 it is always good to have developers here!

'our focus in these first days post release is to make sure that the app is stable'

I don't want to start on the wrong foot but what you're saying makes all of us beta-testers. It is never a great idea to release a buggy app. It seems like so far so good though. Just saying.

• I haven't gotten the app yet, what are the export options?