Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Key Lab 49 recording software recommendation

Hello, I'm new to the midi controller game and am wondering which is the best software to record with while using the Arturia Key Lab 49 or equivalent? I've only heard of two major ones, ProTools and Ableton but was wondering if anyone has had any luck with less popular brands using a midi 49? Thanks!

Comments

• edited April 2015

Hi, are you just recording midi or audio as well? You also don't mention what platform you are on. Or what plugins you use. I guess you are using Arturia Analog Lab if you use their keyboard as it comes with it. Lots of DAWs work with midi. I personally use Maschine and Nanostudio mostly. A bit of Cubase.

Multitrack Studio is quite popular for midi recording and is the "underdog" to the other big players in the DAW marketspace such as Steinberg/Cubase, Presonus/StudioOne and others. Multitrack also comes in a iPad and desktop version.

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/

• telecode101 I am using the Analog Lab plugins and Mac. GREAT! I will look into these. Thanks for responding.

• edited April 2015

Logic Pro x is Mac only, has been around for a very long time and is an incredible piece of kit for the money. A lot depends on the kind of music you want to make and the workflow that works for you. Ableton now has a competitor - Bitwig. Get over to youtube and watch some tutorials to get a flavour of the different offerings musictechhelpguy is great for Logic. Good luck!

• This article should give you a nice overview of many available options (with links to reviews):
    http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/the-19-best-daw-software-apps-in-the-world-today-238905

I use Reaper. Very satisfied.

• Yeah, I would get Logic Pro X as it seems the most bang for buck. But I cant be bugged to re-learn a new DAW anymore.