Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shut up And Play Sunrizer Synth

Still one the best synth ever for iOS me thinks, so I shut up and play it some
http://thesoundtestroom.com/shut-up-and-play-sunrizer-synth-by-beepstreet/

Comments

• Very cool.
    Still one of my favorites as well. Besides Thor which has the best Modulation Matrix so far.
    The Thing with Sunrizer is the character Thing, it is so unique. Now with the AU even more :)

• What makes Sunrizer my go to synth is it's versatility which is in part due to its great filter selection and the fact that it is one of the few IOS synths to respond to program change for quick patch changing. Good from punchy basses, squeaky 303s to lush Solina style pads. It is also great for weird sound effects with double lfo. It has an on board arp too! Absolute bargain. Way to go beepstreet.

• @supadom said:
    What makes Sunrizer my go to synth is it's versatility which is in part due to its great filter selection and the fact that it is one of the few IOS synths to respond to program change ...

I agree it's great!
    Do you know if there is a way to toggle the program change feature on or off?

• I don't think there is. What you can do is set it on a different channel to your controller so it doesn't get affected or match the channel so it does.

• Nice vid.
    It's never on sale recently ... still on the fence though, as I have so many synths already.

• This has been my favorite for a very long time. It just sounds awesome , lots of patches available and rock solid! Oh and it looks as great as it sounds! Through all of the others, Thor, Z3ta+,animoog,Nave and all of the other super iOS synths, this one remains my favorite. Hats off to the developers.

• One of the few that actually runs well in my iPod touch with ios6. Not the most recent version but good for my live rig as a backup when I can't use my iPad. The only bad thing is that it makes a noise when switching patches.

And if you're on the fence about sunrizer it's not expensive and does actually sound different than other synths. I don't buy every synth that comes out because I want to learn to program what I have, but sunrizer is a no brainer, it sounds fantastic and is not expensive.

• Sunrizer has great character.

• My main backup Synth. Super solid.
    I use it Live and it's never failed me.
    When my #1synth, Z3TA went down due to the no sound bug, I relied on Sunrizer to get me thru the set. So awesome!

• We have three free patch banks for Sunrizer by Paul Beecham, there are also some free Magellen packs and a Mitosynth pack too, you can load and install all these banks from the comfort of you iPad, here's the link
    http://thesoundtestroom.com/extras/downloads/

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    We have three free patch banks for Sunrizer by Paul Beecham, there are also some free Magellen packs and a Mitosynth pack too, you can load and install all these banks from the comfort of you iPad, here's the link

Score, thanks for the link!

• Agreed. After owning Sunrizer for almost a year, I'm finally learning to program it.
    That said, the same can be said for a LOT of iOS music apps. We are really spoiled. I've been forcing myself to not acquire new apps and instead either learning or getting deeper into the ones I already own ...and plenty capable!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    We have three free patch banks for Sunrizer by Paul Beecham, there are also some free Magellen packs and a Mitosynth pack too, you can load and install all these banks from the comfort of you iPad, here's the link

Just be aware they make sunrizer xs crash, but on the iPad version they are fantastic sound banks.

• Perhaps I've misjudged it. Seems harsh and "sound effecty" to me. Wish I could find some time to mess with it but I'm too busy posting on web forums (D'oh!)

@o_imseng I'm going to agree, and disagree at the same time with the "best modulation matrix" statement. Yeah I think Thor's mod section is well done, but I think Magellan has it beat by a small margin. I was able to set up a mod matrix for use with an EWI and save that setup, and it applies to every patch, so no more cc learning for each patch. Between Thor and Magellan I have a good solid performance rack. Now if IK Multimedia would integrate the recognition of aftertouch or cc#2 in SampleTank, I would be set. That Miroslav orchestra pack would just rock with aftertouch.

• you should try the pad sounds ;)

I use them all the time :)

• If I had to choose three synths, they would Sunrizer and -- I'm not sure what else.

• edited March 2015

all sunrizer only :)

• edited March 2015

@thesoundtestroom said:

How do we install these Doug? I've tried downloading and installing patches for other synths before without any luck.

Thanks

[edit] sorry, just found your tutorial for this!

• I miss Paul Beecham...

• http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

If he suddenly reappeared it would be like 2013 all over again. Broken Ios 7and the new iPad air etc

• I love the arp in Sunrizer, it's more like a mini sequencer than just a simple arp.

• Any idea if Sunrizer has set CC numbers for all its perameters?

• Midi learn works very well. Not sure what are the defaults though. I haven't managed to assign the pitch bend, it keeps slipping onto pulse width for some reason. Also fx blend does the same thing to me. Otherwise cool AFAIK.

• edited March 2015

Just trying to figure out how to set multiple cc automation via Cubasis....in the simplest way possible

I tried midi learn but for multiple CC's It keeps changing the assignments

• Sunrizer synth v.1.1.1
    AU/VST for OS X still available for a special price!
    http://goo.gl/qGni6D

• Still love this synth

• I love the title of this

shut up and play sunrizer

I think its hilarious.

• @lala said:
    I love the title of this

shut up and play sunrizer

I think its hilarious.

It's a Zappa thing:

• edited March 2015

Indeed, the "little" arp in Sunrizer is one (if not) the best inside a synth. It's the only i know which let me use over 256 steps. No synth can create such great gliding arps (It's a bit like the Zebra 2 arp but with a lot more steps). The layout could be a bit better but once you created an arp with Sunrizer.... wonderful. I also would call it an arpsequencer. Such a great synth.

• The question now remains,will there be a son of shut up and play sunrizer?