Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy -> Effects -> Loopy is broken after Loopy HD 1.4 update?

edited April 2013 in Support and Feedback

After updating Loopy HD to the latest version (1.4), I can no longer use it in both the Input & Output slots, with an Effects app in the middle (have tried many different ones)... the audio output just immediately goes dead (but the level indicators in Loopy appear to be showing normal activity).

Is anybody else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

I still have Loopy 1.3 on my old iPad, and this all just works perfectly when I try it on the older version. I have double-checked the usual suspects (ie making sure everything has Background Audio turned on, etc).

A few more notes about specific symptoms observed:

• If you add Loopy as Output LAST (while it's playing), you get horrible messed up feedback.
  • If you add an Effects app last, you can actually sometimes hear it working for a second before the audio dies.
  • The audio comes back immediately if the Effects app is removed (not NOT if it's disabled from the AB control bar)
  • The audio comes back immediately if Speaker is selected as Output.

I hope this can be fixed (or I'm missing something simple) because being able to record clean guitar riffs and then play endlessly with relooping them through an Effects app is pretty much the greatest thing ever. :)

Seeing as this is my first post, just wanted to say how blown away I am by Audiobus in general. Makes me want to quit my job and become a full time electronic musician. :D

Comments