Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wah King Down (The Street)

edited April 2013 in Creations

I was testing polychord and ended up making this song. I haven't done anything like it before but it just happened. :-)

I used PolyChord, Guitarism, iFretless Guitar, Ampkit, BM2 and Audiobus

Comments

• After hearing your NIN stuff I was expecting something different. But I'm pleasantly surprised. I like this a lot. I was also expecting some wah action, maybe Schenker-style or Hendrixy. Did I miss it?

• @Ryan - nice sound! I think many of these different apps add something to me beyond how I viewed and approached things before. Still got a long way to go though, but I'm looking forward to it with all the fun I'm having already! I assume you ran all of the inputs through Ampkit...right?

• @MrNezumi Thanks! Yeah it's misleading, i kind of like that. Just more artsy-fartsy to write "Wah King Down (the street)" then it is to write "Walking down the street" ;-)

@funjunkie27 Thanks. Nah, actually only Guitarism with the acoustic amp and the vocals went through ampkit just to access the rocktron hush petal to get the hiss out, which works very very well.. I used the internal iPad mic for the words and you know how bad that hisses...

In all honesty from start to finish I dont think I spent more then half an hour writing and recording this. Audiobus is so great for that.. No planning needed, no genre needed, just load apps up and see what happens. :-)

• @Ryan - nice tip on the Rocktron pedal. I'll give that a try.

• @funjunkie27 Also, i didn't use it in this song but i really like vocals through the acoustic amp also, swap the cabinet out for the huge Ashdown one and use the broadcast mic. You can have some fun with the FX too. What I like to do is put JamUp in the input and Ampkit in the effects and use the fx from JamUp with the Amps of Ampkit. ;-)

• Uplifting,solid,groovy.I liked it.I liked it a lot :)

• @Ryan it sound like a Fun Lovin Criminals number....is the you Huey !

• Different - I like it! Like the false ending too. Interesting the way that different apps inspire you to go down different roads.

• I regard each app like a little collaborator, bound to influence the creative process.

• @Ryan Great! I like it....deep voices are in! ;)

• @Ryan - thanks again. I need to spend more time with Ampkit. I gather you prefer the effects in JamUp and the amps in Ampkit. It seems the possibilities are endless!

• Again this reminds me of something Tarantino would use. Picture this Mr Tarantino shouts "Action", the music starts our hero or antihero is seen walking down the street, Glock in each hand, couple of Uzi's and a few grenades strapped on. 3 or 20 bad guys appear as if from nowhere.....you know the rest..

• 3 or 20....lol

• Sweet, Thanks everyone!

@funjunkie27 I think I prefer Ampkit for everything... but the JamUp effects sure are great. I love the rotary speaker sim and the tron mu-tron... :-)

• Thanks @Ryan. Not sure when I'll manage to find the time to check Amplkit out further though...the speed of everything else becoming AB compatible makes it tough to keep up with it all! Not a bad problem to have!

• hehe I totally agree. I'm at a point now where making music is just really really simple with all these apps and when I can't think it couldn't get easier, a new app hops on board like PolyChord and makes it even easier. heh Luckily I seem to have a pretty easy time getting the hang of the apps before moving on. :-)

• Yeah, but there's a learning curve to everything. It's tough to filter it all! I could only wish these were the toughest desicions that I'd be confronted with, but the reality is they're just the funest.....? Funest?

• @funjunkie27 lol so true. Funest and the bestest. :-)