Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband wiped my audiobus audio!

Just cos I haven't said it yet, Audioubus - genius, thanks!

I celebrated sampletank boarding the bus by doing a bit of recording in gb. Started with a two bar loop copied in from Impaktor, noodled some Orphion goodness over it, then stuck an apple drumloop in and added gb clean guitar and some ifretless. I then recorded a funky sampletank brass riff in three tracks: two trumpets and a tenor sax, merging the three tracks into one. Next it was time to fire up a soul organ on gb, and when I had played a four bar figure I went back to the track screen and...disaster. The sampletank audio and the Impaktor audio tracks had vanished.

1 anyone know of any way to rescue the missing tracks?

2 anyone else had the same issue? It's a fair amount of time down the toilet. I also have nanostudio and meteor on my ipad2. I just find gb easy to use to get ideas down quickly.

Comments

• Sorry I can't help but just to say that I have always found GB to be very stable. Not used it a huge amount for Audiobus, but hopefully this a one-off freak event.

• Did you exceed the GB track limit? 8, I think?

• No, still had two tracks spare. In terms of stability, Phil, I agree, which is what makes this particularly worrying. Just wanted to put this out there to see if it's just me.

• No one else had this issue then? It just happened again and wiped a pasted drumjam track and an audiobussed ifretless track while I was recording a GB guitar track. Bizarre.

• What's your hardware and iOS version?

• Ipad 2, ios 6.1.3. Frustrated!

• Sorry Ian, as bad as it sounds, there's not really anything we can do about it. You might want to contact Apple support. :(

• Been there Ian.
    I back each file up to audioshare now.that way if I do get a crash,its easy to recover.
    If you haven't got audioshare,its well worth it.

• GB make a snapshot of every chengement in new song, I remember ...or no?

• Btw here's a direct link to Apple's support page: https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

• @iansainsbury GB on my iPad2 crashed on me a few times, I can't remember exactly how many times, but it was enough hard work lost that when I'm getting serious about a track, I exit to do a forced save. Haven't had any problems on my 4, tho'....

• Thanks, all. Until I upgrade to a newer ipad, I'm going to record in meteor and back up in audioshare. I may move to cubasis when I replace the hardware. Thanks for the comments and I will contact Apple support.