Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kirnu Cream coming to iOS

Comments

• edited March 2015

Wow! When to ios? like so much

• Wow... i never heard of it. Seems like another crossplatforming tool then. That's great to have the same things on all devices.

• Looks great

• edited March 2015

I just tested the AU demo.... damn bought. I like this even more than Cthulhu... and this means a lot! Combine this with your synth of choice = awesome. This will be a huge plus in the iOS world too! It seems even have an additional synth and some other things for iOS.

@Trueyorky: Thank´s for this thread : )

• If builds right into Cubasis, Auria, or Gadget!

• This would be maybe very good for an Auria Pro plug-in. Not sure if Auria Pro will allow MIDI FX like Logic. That is really useful. (But sadly Logic made it a bit complicated to record the single midi notes. It's possible but the workflow sucks. Here is iOS more easy and faster... the same for recording audio. So iOS has even for me still some benefits).

• The interface looks like for ios. The vst version is different. Wow, looks like its for trance geeks! Waiting......

• Looking forward to this one!!! :-)

• Great news! I was hoping for this.

• This looks fun. Curious to see how well it plays with 101 existing synths, and a big +1 to an Auria Pro plugin version :)

I mean, when The Hoff gives an app his sacred seal of approval ...

• edited March 2015

From what I see in the demo....it's an arpeggiator with build-in synth, right? I am not very impressed with the sound to be honest. And arpeggiators are pretty much covered on the iOS platform. But who knows, maybe I am wrong and this is a great app .I am waiting for the reviews.

• It's way beyond an arpeggiator...

• It looks a lot like an arpeggiator but the videos I have seen are almost useless so far. Will have to wait and see if the developer is more active on explaining the difference in future promos. The Facebook page now lists it as being in beta mode so soon we will know maybe.

• Quite a funny demo video. Pretty low on actual info... But looks like someone's having some fun. So does this thing send midi (ccs and notes) out (which is how I'd want to use it)? If so it looks like StepPolyArp on steroids and I'd almost certainly buy it.

• This year biggest apps are 1. Waldorf Attack 2. Auria Pro 3. Modstep 4. Kirnu Cream Mobile for me. If choose only one, that one will be Waldorf Attack.

• @Kaikoo said:
    This year biggest apps are 1. Waldorf Attack 2. Auria Pro 3. Modstep 4. Kirnu Cream Mobile for me. If choose only one, that one will be Waldorf Attack.

What is you're thinking behind this decision?

• edited March 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    What is you're thinking behind this decision?

Waldorf Attack iPad edition is a 24 instruments synth. It has its own sequencer and song mode with effects. It has cheer beautiful modern interface to complement Nave. With coming 64 bits Cubasis. I believe Cubasis can compete to Auria Pro. I don't think general users need expensive quality FabFilter products to make something they don't understand. I haven't had any splentacular experience with Auria build-in effects. I therefore opt to believe Cubasis updates bring a better daw environment. Waldolf Attack has AB/IAA, that is enough to make complete track to Cubasis. Nobody is stupid enough to let the competitions down. I hope Steinberg do more for all purchasers. Don't let yours think you need expensive FabFilter products to make yourself a better musician. So I believe Waldorf Attack is my waiting buy.....

• @Kaikoo I see your logic, or thinking anyway. I admire your optimism and I hope that competition does see Cubasis improved.

For the record, I AM a general user and I DO need need expensive quality FabFilter products because even though I don't always fully understand them, my ears hear how they sound and while they do not make me a better musician, they do help me make better music :)

• So @JohnnyGoodyear if I'm gonna part with my cash to also buy some fab filter magic - which one should I get?

• quite tempted by the desktop version before the ipad version arrives, £20 here http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/14-MIDI-Arp/1385-Cream

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Well, you've obviously got to ask cleverer buggers than me that question (step right up fellahs...)AND I understand why many will suggest Pro-Q or even micro-warmer , but for me my favorite two out of the box are/were Volcano 2 and Saturn. Brilliant. And not cheap but (in keeping with the thread), worth every penny (to me) and thus excellent value. There are just some tracks I'm fiddling with and I add a favorite Volcano setting to and.....immediate magic fingers.....

• edited March 2015

@Carnbot That looks nice. Tempting on the Mac for that price. Anyone know if it has much in the way of live 'rhythm juggling/looping' features? I'm thinking something like the beat flutter pad on the electribe or the one in elastic drums (or the loopers in Turnado) - but for midi sequences. That would be great - but I'm not sure anything really exists.

• Thanks @johnnyGoodyear.

I have microwarmer (it's the only paid plug in I have). Anyway thanks for the info. I might invest at some point.

And appologies for going OT.

• edited March 2015

If you're interested in mastering in Auria, Pro-L and Pro-MB are pretty much essential, in that order, and great value for the money.

Pro-Q for occasional audio surgery if you've got an extra gift card laying around :)

EDIT: Ha, thought I was still on the best value/app thread ... Apologies to OP!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Carnbot That looks nice. Tempting on the Mac for that price. Anyone know if it has much in the way of live 'rhythm juggling/looping' features? I'm thinking something like the beat flutter pad on the electribe or the one in elastic drums (or the loopers in Turnado) - but for midi sequences. That would be great - but I'm not sure anything really exists.

It seems great value at this price, I've had a quick play of the demo (fully functional except can't save presets) and yes it can say, take a midi pattern in, then you can change and mutate it it many musical ways. You can then record the midi notes out to be manipulated again...seems endless possibilities but I've only prodded it and poked under the hood for a few minutes...

• I will not buy FabFilter products until after I can feel Auria Pro to be good piano roll editor!

• @Kaikoo Sounds sensible. We will NO DOUBT have a ton to say about it when it finally comes out :) Although it seems to me that the developer is very good and well-thought of, I still don't envy his position; expectations are unrealistically high. Price of success I guess. I also have NO DOUBT that our friends at Steinberg are very interested to see if and how far the bar gets raised... :)

• Kirnu updated info, Cream Mobile, for iPad devices. Expected release date is Q3 2015. The Price will be $10.99/10,99 €.
    Cream Mobile is an arpeggiator intended to be used with external keyboards or sequencers to control its internal synth or external synths.
    Cream Mobile can also be used as a scratch pad for creating new songs using arpeggios and phrases.
    It is described as a very powerful application with very precise audio/MIDI engine. It includes all necessary technologies every music app should have these days: Audiobus (generator), network, virtual MIDI ports, MIDI sync with host and slave mode, MIDI learn.

Other important features are:
    4 independent tracks which can be assigned to different key range and MIDI in/out.
    12 patterns per track.
    Drum track with 50 high quality drum loops from Sample Magic.
    Very powerful internal 2 OSC synthesizer for every 4 tracks.
    Two different views: Classic and quick edit view.
    Control Zone for changing most important parameters via external keyboard or MIDI events.
    Many different scales to choose from. When scale is chosen every note played belongs to that scale.
    Free rate tweaking. Now rate can be changed also in hertz.
    Chord memory with 16 independent memory slots.
    Pattern sequencer for automated sequencing.
    Sample accurate MIDI engine.
    MIDI learn for all knob controls.
    Note release functionality which enables more smooth live playing.
    Copy/paste functionality.
    Easy to use note hold mode.
    Presets are compatible with the plugin version.
    Pattern step data section:
    Tool section enables easy data editing.
    All data sections are independent from each other.
    Data sections can be looped with several different loop modes.
    Chord memory section enables different chords to be used in every step.
    Sequencer section enables sequencing the notes.
    Accent, order, gate, accent, transposition, note divide, note shift.
    8 CC controls in each pattern.
    And lots of more...

• It does look positively yummy!