Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magellen on sale: $14.99 > $6.99

This is a pretty good deal - best price for this synth since its price was increased to $14.99 last year.
http://appshopper.com/music/magellan

Comments

• Couldn't resist the price drop. Damn't!

• You won't be disappointed!

• I couldn't either. And wow, so worth it. This app is so amazing it's almost overwhelming.

• It is really a great app. The last 3-4 updates have really pushed it into the must have group

• Agreed, awesome app. I can't imagine a style of music it wouldn't work with.

• What Ryan said.

• Having got it last night and playing with it a bit before going to sleep, I'm torn.

As a tool I like it, it handles a few things I dislike about Sunrizer, it doesn't seem quite as flakey and the touch pad keyboard that is similar to Animoog is great. However in terms of the available patches / presets there aren't many that I like the sound of. I'm not a patch programmer, so it's a bit scary.

• @tarasis two words: preset spawn =)

• Yes spawn/randomize works great and there are lots of presets online for it and you can install them all on the ipad without needing iTunes File Sharing

• How do you get these presets, @JMSexton?

• I got it too.Great for my guitar when used in the fx slot

• Well you could try these to start

http://www.yonac.com/forum.html

"Official presets" I suppose though there are others

• @Michael_R_Grant - like Ian said, on Yonac's forum I think they offer 2 free additional sound banks in the stickies at the top. Also Sunsine Audio has packs for purchase but they do offer free samplers of each pack so you can download those for free and get a few sounds

• The more time I spend in it the more I am overwhelmed by it. With so many synth, osc's, filters and effects it is almost too much control over the sound. That's a good problem to have I guess, but I'm not a classic synth expert by any means so I end up doing a lot of knob twiddling. I'm sure in an experts hands this app is a gift from heaven.

But even I can already see some brilliant features that I will adore using - I'm really excited about tying this with other apps via AB & VM.

• Yea but not overwhelming like iMS-20, which is why I love iPolysix. In regards to Magellan, I am far from an expert tweaked but found it relatively easy to make a few decent patches in Magellan, and doing so helped me learn different affects certain things have each other.

• Dang...jumped too early. Bought it a few days ago. Well worth it to anyone still on the fence!

• "But even I can already see some brilliant features that I will adore using - I'm really excited about tying this with other apps via AB & VM."

Yes. That octaving setting on the keyboard surface is gold.

• Magellan Jr on sale now too