Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD timing help

So its dope as we all know. However since I went to the HD version my loops are not DEAD ON, like on SD. Now I am an experienced looper and have mucked around with settings, maybe I missed something? It is so close to being dead on that I think maybe u can compensate by being a bit early. And I don;t synch to midi, just beatbox loops and stuff. I turned off most of the settings that I thought might be the issue. At first it was that count in thing, I was tripping out like what the bleep, then I saw it was added in an update and fixed that one. Thanks yawl

Comments

• edited March 2015

Hard to say without an example. Are you using synchronized loops?

One thing for sure, even with synchronized loops: whenever possible, hit record after you've already started. That is, hitting record and then starting the phrase and hoping to nail the loop is really hard. Warm up to the one and then let record start (or hit it manually on the one of your phrase). And, if possible, keep going all the way through the record-end press.

Hard to describe this in words; sorry if it's not obvious. Another shot: If you want to record "A B C D" in a loop, it's easiest to do: C D [record on] A B C D [record off] A. You'll catch better timing and the intro and outro will help fill any flubs in timing.

If the loop itself is tight but off from the other loops, you can use two fingers to rotate the start point of the loop. There have been versions of loopy here and there over the years that occasionally have that issue for me—captures a perfectly timed loop but seems to start at 12:09 instead of 12:00 (on the clock, that is). Usually resolved quickly though. Michael's a champ.

• thanks, i think i see...sleep