Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampkit always show-Purchase Failed .The operation counldn't be completed. (SKErrorDomain error-2005)

After I download free version of Ampkit for my iPad when I already fill my Apple ID for one bundle it always show
" Purchase Failed .The operation counldn't be completed. (SKErrorDomain error-2005)"
How shoud I do for solve the problem or wait until the ErrorDomain fix them self.
I sorry that I should not post my problem in this audiobus forum but I know that the members here is the most top guys for IOS music.

Comments

• edited April 2013

I have no idea but you can email @bradley_ny at [email protected] and he should be able to help. :-)

• edited April 2013

Thanks Ryan.I try to search in Prevey website and found too many but nothing about this software.
    Anyway I like to tell you that I use Ampkit because your video.

• Hi @tanjaree - any time you're having an issue with the app, we encourage you to get in touch with us at info@agilepartners so we can help out directly. As it happens, we like to keep an ear out, so I noticed your post - thanks @Ryan as well.

Since we're here - I suspect I know what the issue is. Is your iOS system calendar set to anything other than Gregorian? You may need to change over, run the restore process again, and change back in order to work around an issue with Apple validation. Get in touch with me at info@agilepartners and we'll walk through the steps to fix it. Thanks!

• Thanks @bradley_ny.Sorry that I not contact you direcly.I just use your app for a day and don't know much about it.I alredy recieved your mail.
    I'll try with your suggestion.

• Yes it's works!!! Thanks @Ryan and @bradly_ny

• Even I having Same problem , how to solve the problem ?

• @ali: bradley_ny (of Agile Partners / Ampkit) says to contact them directly (see above). You should get a much quicker response. This forum is not the best place to raise non-Audiobus issues :)

• edited June 2016

Hi guys,
    I had the same problem (SKerrorDomain Error -2005) with Ampkit's in-app purchases and neither Apple support nor Ampkit support helped, so this is the solution i found myself:
    First of all you MUST download all previous versions of Ampkit in your PC's hard disk. Sadly, iTunes does not let you easily download any previous versions of an application you own, so you have to spent some time and effort just for this.
    In order to do this, you have to use a "trick" (100% legal). The software you need, is a web debbugin proxy called Charles (v3.11.5) and it is free. There is a video at youtube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqhbTGNdDM) that explains how to download ANY PREVIOUS version of any application from iTunes -legally- and store it in your hard disk.
    First, you must locate where iTunes stores your applications files (*.ipa) in your hard disk.
    Usually it is something like C:\Users\XXXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications.
    Using Charles you will download every Ampkit's previous version BUT you have to move every Ampkit's .ipa to a "safer" directory lets say C:\AmpkitPrevVersions before you download the next ampkit .ipa because iTunes deletes older .ipa when you get newer ones.
    So lets say you have downloaded all previous Ampkit versions : 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, ...... 2.2.3 etc and you have them in the "safe" directory C:\AmpkitPrevVersions.
    The steps from here are :
    1) Go to C:\Users\XXXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications and delete any Ampkit .ipa file you see.
    2) Copy the .ipa file of newest compatible with your iOS version of Ampkit (lets say it is AmpKit 2.2.3.ipa) to C:\Users\XXXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications.
    3) Then from iTunes go to My apps tab and right-click Ampkit's icon. You will get a message that iTunes cannot find the Ampkit's file. So press OK to locate it yourself, and choose AmpKit 2.2.3.ipa from the C:\Users\XXXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications directory. Wait a few seconds and then you see a screen that AmpKit 2.2.3.ipa is the file that itunes will use as Ampkit .ipa.
    4) Install Ampkit to your iPod/iPhone and run it.
    5) Try to restore all your previous in-app purchases. If it works you will see them under "my purchases". If not, uninstall Ampkit from your iPod/iPhone using iTunes.
    6) Go to C:\Users\XXXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications and delete AmpKit 2.2.3.ipa.
    7) From C:\AmpkitPrevVersions copy AmpKit 2.2.2.ipa to
    C:\Users\XXXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunesMedia\Mobile Applications.
    8) Repeat all steps from 3) until you find an Ampkit version that downloads all your previous in-app purchases. Lets say that after some trials you find that this "working" version is Ampkit 1.5.ipa.
    9) After you have your previous in-app purchases downloaded (now its the right time to purchase any other in-app you want), delete Ampkit 1.5.ipa, and install the latest Ampkit version compatible with your iPod/iPhone (steps 2 to 4).
    You will see that you have the latest compatible with your iPod/iPhoneAmpkit version installed (2.2.3) and your all your in-app purchases. The only thing you CANNOT do is install any new in-app purchases and you have lost any in-app purchases that didn't exist at the time of version 1.5.
    One last thing : Download .ipa files ONLY from iTunes from YOUR account otherwise they wont work on your iPod/iPhone.

Hope i helped you.
    jimthgr

• edited June 2016

Steps to download ANY previous versions of an application you own from iTunes using a web debbugin proxy called Charles (v3.11.5) - (when you see XX it is a number):
    01 Close chrome, internet explorer etc and start Charles
    02 Start recording (white button with red dot)
    03 Start iTunes
    04 Start downloading the app you want from itunes
    05 On left side right click the first https:\pXX-buy.itunes.apple.com
    06 Select "Enable SSL proxying"
    07 Stop the app download (or wait until it ends..) and delete it from apps directory
    08 Restart the app download in iTunes
    09 On left side expand the second https:\pXX-buy.itunes.apple.com
    10 Look for branch "buyProduct" under second https:\pXX-buy.itunes.apple.com
    11 If its there, stop the app download (or wait until it ends..)
    12 Right click branch "buyProduct" and select "Export"
    13 Enter a location and a filename to save and choose filetype "XML Summary file xml"
    14 Open the file you saved with Wordpad
    15 Scroll down file until you find the label "SoftwareVersionExternalIdentifiers"
    16 The lines under this phrase contain long numbers (between integer and /integer) that are the internal names of all versions of the app you want in chronological order (older -> newer)
    17 Copy them somewhere. These are the numbers of the app-files in itunes database
    18 Clear session in Charles
    19 Press the hexagon on top (Breakpoints)
    20 Start downloading the app you want from itunes
    21 Immediately, on tab breakpoints, you will see a red up-arrow and https:\pXX-buy.itunes.apple.com
    22 At this point the download you asked from itunes is blocked from Charles
    23 Click arrow, and press the tab "Edit request", and the lower tab "Text"
    24 On line 5 change the long number xxxxxxxx between string and /string with any of the numbers of the various versions app files in itunes database you found earlier.
    25 Press execute
    26 Press the second execute
    27 Notice that itunes is downloading the version you want in the Apps directory
    28 The rest is up to you !!

• edited June 2016

If you want to skip steps 01 to 17 from my previous post then the numbers for Ampkit versions are :

2475014  is Ampkit version   1.0     
    3204838  is Ampkit version   1.1     
    4041142  is Ampkit version   1.2      
    7224537  is Ampkit version   1.3     
    9501251  is Ampkit version   1.4     
    12946437  is Ampkit version  1.5     
    14210548  is Ampkit version  1.6     
    14668268  is Ampkit version  1.6.1  
    14927910  is Ampkit version  1.6.2   
    15475650  is Ampkit version  1.6.3   
    15959256  is Ampkit version  1.7      
    82283320  is Ampkit version  1.8     
    244902667  is Ampkit version  2.0    
    351452651  is Ampkit version  2.0.1  
    499592657  is Ampkit version  2.1    
    600993286  is Ampkit version  2.2    
    643142642  is Ampkit version  2.2.1  
    721143058  is Ampkit version  2.2.2  
    780152684  is Ampkit version  2.2.3  
    812356744  is Ampkit version  2.2.4
    816058745  is Ampkit version  2.2.5
    816803017  is Ampkit version  2.2.6
    817489096  is Ampkit version  2.2.7   current

• I had the SKErrorDomain -2005 issue as well in May but just updating to the latest version of AmpKit released 23rd May 2016 (version 2.2.7) fixed this immediately. Hopefully this will be the case for anyone else, but I do appreciate the explanation you've written extensively above ;)

• The solution i proposed earlier, is for people with older iPods / Iphones that due to their iOS cannot install Ampkit 2.2.7 . I am one of them, i have iOS 6.1.6 and this is as far as i will ever get with my iPod Touch... And there is no way for Ampkit to introduce a new version that will be backwards compatible (ie that requires iOS 6.0 ) now that 2.2.7 supports iOS 8.0 or later as they say. This is the real issue with iPods/iPhones... They get "old" quickly and then you are stuck with older versions of the software you love, without having many alternatives when you find bugs in the software.
    I wish that things were different, but i realize that marketing rules this wolrd and i cannot do much about it!

• Ah yes, I see your dilemma! I didn't realise the latest AmpKit had changed the base iOS requirements... It looks like iOS 10 is going to be for Lightning-only iDevices so that's going to cause more issues for owners of older (but still capable!) devices when apps get updated like this.

• Thanks, jimthgr.

I read your post a few days ago, and thought it looked overwhelmingly complicated, but after failing to get any sense at all out of Agile Partners "support" people, I resorted to trying it, and did eventually succeed.

I like to think I know what I'm doing with computers in general, and I certainly should by now (after decades of swearing at them), but getting Charles 3.x set up and working with iTunes, in Windows, was a bit of a challenge, to say the least.

Yesterday, I had it clear in my head what I did to finally get it working, when I tried to register for this forum but found I couldn't post anything. Now I finally can, I've largely forgotten what I wanted to say. The main problem was getting the necessary SSL connections to work, and getting the security certificate accepted.

Anyway, one salient point - I did as you said and tried each version, working backwards, until I got very bored with doing that, then skipped to 1.0, which didn't work either. Finally, I realised what you probably meant was that 1.5 was the one that worked for you, so I tried that.

Yes, 1.5 worked for me too - on an original iPad, with iOS 5.1.1, letting me restore the purchases I'd paid for in the past. I was then able to upgrade to the latest version that's supported on iOS 5.1.1, which turns out to be 2.2.3, and still keep my purchases.

For anyone else having to try this, I'd suggest starting with 1.5. Maybe it's the only version that lets you restore purchases, in this situation, or one of only a few.

iTunes wouldn't let me just drag the newer version onto the iPad though, which I'd assumed it would (iTunes is crap). The only way I could upgrade it was within the App Store, on the iPad, via WiFi, and I had some trouble finding AmpKit to upgrade it. It wasn't shown in Purchases, or Updates, I had to search for it as a new app, under Categories. The stupidity of Apple never ceases to amaze me.

I think after this, the chances of me buying any more in-app purchases for AmpKit are still slim to bugger all, but it feels a lot better being able to use what I paid them for, again, so thanks for your advice.