Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can Audiobus access the output of the iOS music player

Hi,
I'm a musician and am considering using audio us for helping me mix my guitar and music player levels relative to one another. I use Onsong and Gigbook both of which essentially control the iOS musicplayer. I also use Jamup for my guitar. I'd like to be able to be able to control the volume of these since they both exit the audio jack of my iPad and go into my PA system. I was thinking of using audiobus and Mimix to do this but don't know if I can access the output of the iOS music player or Onsong or Gigbook. Can you help.
Thanks, Charles

Comments

• You can load and play music from your iOS music library into JamUp's Jam Player, which will play nicely with Audiobus.

• I had a similar thought using the AnyTune app, but IIRC Jam Player may be FREE at the moment?

• Short answer is no. The apps in question need to have audiobus support for AB or MiMix or similar to control their levels. Best bet is to find a music player that suits your needs with AB support.

Or play the gain shuffle game. Set your music player at some volume that usually works but leave headroom. Then, adjust the level of your guitar in jam up as needed and the overall output via the ipad's volume rockers (or your mixer/audio interface).

• Bismark Music2Bus: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bismark-music2bus/id644098666?mt=8. May not play iTunes purchases though, only your own rips and compositions (Apple DRM issues).

• Hi,
    I did some experiments yesterday and want to share what I found.
    IOS 8.1.3, Jamup 3.6.8.1401, Cubasis 1.9, Audiobus 2.1.10, Music2bus 1.3
    H/w iPad3, Scarlett 18i20

I managed to record myself playing my electric guitar playing thru Jamup and singing with a background track playing via Music2bus. I recorded a Voice, Guitar and stereo background track with Cubasis. At the same time as I was recording this, live, I was able to create a live mix and run it thru my PA system. I hope is come up with a reliable setup to record my live performances with iPad and Scarlett while using Onsong for lyrics and chords.
    My first finding was that Cubasis would crash if Audiobus was running. Eventually I figured out to not run Audiobus but connect Music2bus and Jamup directly in Cubasis using interapp feature.
    Having to have to use Music2bus is a little awkward because one has to follow the following sequence to record a song. Start by making sure the song is up and ready in Onsong also make sure the BG track is ready to go in music2bus, flip to Cubasis and start record, flip to music2bus and start the BG track, flip to Onsong And start the scroll. Play the song. When finished flip To cubasis to stop recording.
    All this could be much easier if 1) music2bus could be controlled from Onsong. 2) Cubasis record could be controlled from Onsong.
    As things currently stand one could make things easier at a gig by having playlist of BG tracks loaded in Music2bus. Just let Cubasis record run continuously. Hopefully there's enough storage space on the iPad to fit an hour gig. Make sure BG tracks have enough time before count in to to flip back to Onsong and start scrolling.
    I observed that live mixing using Cubasis worked okay. One notices the latency a little. To my ear it sounds like slight delay effect from acoustic sound to Pa output but not too objectionable.