Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB 2.1.10 glitches

Anyone else getting the screen layout corruption seen in this image? AB 2.1.10 in landscape on iPhone 6 plus. I fear that this is just a symptom - the whole thing seems very unstable to me but I seem to be the only one; hence it would be interesting if I'm also the only one seeing this visual issue.

Comments

• edited February 2015

What do you mean by "the whole thing seems very unstable"? I have the same graphical glitch on iPhone 6 but haven't actually tested the app since updating for other problems. Has the audio performance become worse for you? By the way on iPhone 6 the graphics are covering each other in portrait mode too. I wonder if they don't have an iPhone 6 to test it with?

• Yeah I suspected that as well. The layout stuff can be simulated in the iOS simulator that comes with the XCode dev kit, but the audio stuff really needs a device. The "unstable" comment is sort of referring to http://forum.loopyapp.com/discussion/2577/endlessly-looping-frustration

I wonder if the video from a few days ago where @Michael mentioned that iPhone 6 and another device (maybe iPad mini or Air?) handle threading differently, could have anything to do with all this.

• I really hope this doesn't throw a wrench into the imminent Loopy update.

• Thanks a lot for pointing this out. We're going to fix this.

• It doesnt happened on the iPad air 2 just the iPhone 6, hoping its a minor thing because this update really give my iPad air 2 a major performance improvement, it has Been working really well since the update also the iPhone 6 in respect to the audio, the graphics part has Been acting weird. This bug included.

In short, for me the update makes my iPad air 2 really usable with audiobus, it feels better also the performance on the iPhone 6, the audio part at least.