Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tone generators

edited April 2013 in General App Discussion

I used Generator and Signal Suite a lot. Wonder if there will ever be a straight up tone generator for audiobus. Guess I should contact one of them to plant the seed. Would anyone else have use for that kind of thing.

Comments

• Out of curiosity, what would you use one for on the bus that an existing synth app can't do?

• That's a pretty good idea. Since it's just a simple tone it could be modulated through any number of effects apps.

• Syrupcore, I would use it for simple drones. Plus it has a white noise generator. I like them because it has no keyboard. No musical quality just simple sine or square wave plus white noise. Run that threw jamup xt and get some harsh sounds with distortion.

Exactly jesse_ohio,

• Wish I knew how to program, I'd make one for me.

• edited March 2014

• I have droner and droneo plus many synths. They work well but it's nice to have a simple tone generator. There is TonalEnergy Tuner. Should look into that one. Has sine and square but doesn't seem to have white noise. I can use a tone generator on my phone and plug into my ipad.

• Unless you're looking to create tones at specific frequency like 4938hz, I feel like your wish is about 10 minutes away via Sunrizer or Magellan.

• I have those apps but there's something about using a tone generator. It's the noise guy in me. None musical sound devices are fun to use. I do use specific tones. Very low ones and extremely high ones too.

• edited March 2014

• I love me some noise (and have a old tektronix TG and many toy instruments in meat space) and I'm not trying to detract from your desire to see a tone generator on the bus. I'm all for it. Just saying I think you could get those tones on the quick via either of those apps instead of waiting for one. Hell, while Bebot doesn't have the added noise osc you can get some insanely pure tones out of it to screw with further in the chain.

• N-track tuner will do this, but without the noise gen function.

• @Simon - we gotta get the strange agency apps on audiobus. if you have their contact info, I'll email em. theyve got cool apps

• edited March 2014

• @PCRV have you tried synthmate it has an awesome preset called dub and sounds delicious.

• I'm sure I've seen a noise knob on one of the synth apps.

• Magellan has a noise knob and I think iMini does too...though iMini is somewhat pointless at this point

• So I think my needs will be met. Heard some news about Generator getting on the bus. When? Not sure. Good news though.

• What about BitWiz?

All you need is a little math. ;)

• Audulus should do it too.

• I appreciate all the help. I do have all those apps and use them in the same context as a tone generator but there is a difference in interfaces. I use synths differently cause they have a more musical association to them. Tone generators are more clinical than musical so I use them differently. Not sure if that makes sense. I haven't tried BitWiz. How's is it? Love audulus. I use that very simple. Noise generator into a high pass and distortion. Very harsh. Simple.

• Throw us a photo of the interface you're after. Then if anything turns up, we'll know if it's suitable.

• I'll throw together a small audiobus compatible tone generator. What do you need? Two oscillators with frequency, amplitude, waveform (sin/tri/saw)? And a noise generator?

• edited April 2013

Stick in an audio input with ring mod functionality too. While you're at it. :)

• @j-liljedahl, that would be sweet. i know of one tone generator app thats working towards audiobus compatibility but another one is good too. definitely feel free to whip something up. yes, two oscillators would be great with freq., sin/tri/saw, and white and pink noise. the one i use has a big dial in the middle with buttons that change from sin and so forth. if its possible to play a tone with white noise, that would be a bonus.

also, i use droner a lot but its volume isn't that great and the range of freq. could be better.

• edited March 2014

• @j_liljedahl is there anything you can write/program! You're awesome, and you say it so nonchalant, like give me 5 min and I'll gave ya something.

• Yeah, but can he deliver? Like, it's already been over 9 hours...

• Dang and cool.