Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lopping version - Simply Red

Here's my latest looping session. Holding back the Years by Simply Red

Comments

• Great cover. How are you doing the camera switching?

• edited February 2015

These are great songs and videos. I don't see any funny business that would show that you are filming multiple takes. I'm assuming these are true live looping performances, most impressive! With 4 or 5 cameras placed around the room, can you share with us more about the video gear you are using?

• Technically flawless performance, I wish I had the sense of rhythm to be able to lay down drum part so far behind the beat without messing it up, all in one take.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Great cover. How are you doing the camera switching?

I'd imagine all of the cameras run throughout, them footage gets tracked into software which allows cuts between important bits in time with the tune. I could be wrong though.

Well done @fishman I could see you performing in some swanky minimalist cocktail bar in a big sky-scrapery urban landscape.

• @supadom said:
    I'd imagine all of the cameras run throughout, them footage gets tracked into software which allows cuts between important bits in time with the tune. I could be wrong though.

That's what I was thinking too.

• more lopping please!

• Hi everyone thanks for the comments. I am currently using 6 cameras around the room with different angles. DSLR's and Canon video cameras, I like depth of field shots so try to use good cameras. I record the audio inside Loopy, start each camera recording and do a take. Most times I need to do 3-4 takes to get it right.

Once I am happy with a take I drop all video files into Sony Vegas Pro video editor. I use an add-on piece of software called Plural Eyes that automatically sync's all video files so they are in time with each other. Then I do a multi camera edit switching to the camera that has the shot i want. I Master the audio file in Pro Tools to give it some shine and then drop that into Sony Vegas. The audio recorded by the cameras is turned off so only high quality Mastered audio is heard.

I'm really enjoying the process and appreciate all your comments.

• Hopefully I will be doing some swanky gigs soon @supadom lol

• Great process and good stuff. Good work.

• Thanks for the insight on the process. Very well done!

• edited February 2015

Awesome cover! I love it!

It also made me research what i could do with the software i have... and lo and behold.. there's a magic button that will assist and save us A LOT of time... trying to sync all of our clips

How To: Final Cut Pro X Multicam Editing (Tutorial)
    www.youtube[dot]com/watch?v=kmFmyXWaQHM

@Fishman - what type of DSLR/Canon cameras are you using... at the count of 6, i'm guessing a consumer will have to "shake their purse" a little

• In regards to cameras I have access to

• two Nikon D5100
    • three Canon HFG10
    • Gopro's

These are not all owned by me but I borrow some for a two day period, record 2-3 songs and return them. Returning them quickly is the key to ensuring they can be used again. It's quite a few thousand dollars worth of gear so borrowing is a great option.

Most of the work is in the colour correction and rendering in the video software which I'm getting a bit better at although there was a bit of a blue tint in this video I didnt end up liking but the render time for HD video was too long so didnt redo

• I'm getting a bit better

You have high standards my man. Looking great. Good collection of angles and framing to boot. Hard to do when you're the cameraman!

• Well played sir. A ginger dreadlock wig would have topped it off for me

• Nifty footwork !

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Well played sir. A ginger dreadlock wig would have topped it off for me

Lol, except Mick now resembles Bilbo Baggins...

http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/landscape/Mick Hucknall.jpg?itok=CkAMZ_Xx

• Not certain that's the brand Audi are going for....