Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My PureData Synth Sound

Here's a drone sound of the synth I'm building in PureData, using MobMuPlat, and I'm building a Lemur controller for it as well. It was recorded in AudioShare. No effects or filters, just 10 of the 20 oscillators going at once.

Comments

• edited February 2015

Very nice cut of raw synth meat there! Ooh Ooh! Make your patches morph. (Recalled memory parameters -> [line] objects ->send to GUI or directly to synth patch. Send a global morph time to all the [line] objects.) Your first feature request already. :D

• Thanks. And that's a great idea. I haven't thought of that. Morphing the patches. I'll work on it. You're an interesting fella. :-)

• Almost "finished"* with Rozin, my MMP multi-touch resonator synth/effect, which includes patch morphing. Working the bugs out of the memory and CClearn patches so I could share them has helped with my focus/motivation. It could use some optimization so it doesn't so easily choke my iPad2. I will be exploring the [switch] object.

*In the time it takes to implement one feature, three more come to mind. Must... finish... what's... there... already...

• Yeah, optimizing is definitely something I'm concerned about. Finishing is getting more difficult; I'm enjoying adding in more things little by little. I end up adding in one thing, and playing and listening for a few hours. What's making this difficult for me is using vanilla only, no extended. So I mostly build in ext, and see what works or change it for use on iOS.

• Here's another. 15 oscillators this time. MobMuPlat, AudioShare, AB. Um, 10 minutes.

• Haven't been in a deprivation tank for 20 years but this would work very well for that environment :)

• Awesome sounds

• Thank you all for the comments and making time to listen. I appreciate it.

• We thank you for sharing. I always pack my staff and travel to tripy soundscapes...