Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampletank Audiobus is HERE!

Comments

• Wow you beat me by 1 second lol!!!!

• Not there yet for me (here in UK). I hope that is not because I originally purchased the free version and then added all the IAPs rather than getting the paid version first!

• Also IK have a lot of price drops today, not sure for how long.

iGrand for iPad - $9.99 ($19.99)
    iLectric for iPad - $9.99 ($19.99)
    Sampletank - $11.99 ($19.99)

• edited April 2013

It's live in the uk only for the paid version...(so far).

Will the Free upgradeable version get an update ?

I imagine it will be like Auria where Apple don't review in sync......fingers crossed...

• @AlterEgo_UK - I'm sure you will get it but that version has to be updated also, its essentially all the same material but different apps, I'm sure it won't be too far behind!

• @JMSexton - let's hope so! :)

• It wasn't on my upgrade list but search for it in App Store and it should let you update now. I also originally had the free version and live in the UK.

• Finally!!!

• edited March 2014

• edited April 2013

Also note that the complete sound pack is on sale.

• It's up now !!!

• I see that A or B selection has gone. Sounds good though, so I assume it doesn't need it

• @mgmg4871 I thought so but wasn't sure...$4.99 is sale price I believe and only for iGrand. ILectric is still $9.99 unless its changed since I looked

• A stellar update IMHO opinion opens up so much potential in terms of styles and has a great variety of quality sounds.

Be interested to know how it performs on ipad2/3/mini.

Thanks IK for the swift and great update.

• At last..so now we have access to some stunning sounds. When you dig into this you will find some really world class samples and control..excellent addition...now all we need is Alchemy.

• @JMSexton I think the complete sound pack is $23 U.S.

• This is a great improvement! They fixed the Virtual Midi problem too! I can record to Beatmaker with VM running and AudioBus at the same time on my iPad 2 w no problem. Allows me to record audio and midi in BM2 at same time which is what is most ideal for me.

Now I can use Sampletank sounds as final outputs in Auria or Logic, or go back to the midi file to try another sound out later via BM2 or Logic. Awesome!

Thanks IK for listening, responding, and taking care of the problems!

• @PhilW thanks! Yes, it is there now, great! :)

• @mgmg4871 for Sampletank that is correct, sorry not sure if I stated which app I was talking about 9.99+4.99 for iGrand w/ extras and 9.99+9.99 for iLectric we/ extras

• how much space is it?....because it say me: there isn't much space on your iphone for download...

• It's 1gb. What you may have to do is temporarily delete some smaller apps, then download ST. I think large apps need more space temporarily. After you download ST you can reinstall other apps. This happened to me when I tried to install The Orchestra. I had 3 go free and The Orchestra was 2 gb but needed more temporary space to install.

• edited April 2013

Lucky again :)
    I bought iGrand when it was on sale (U$15 total with IAPs)
    The I was interested in iElectric but Neo Soul Keys took my attention and I decided to wait.
    Well, downloading it now, on sale :D

And both will have Audiobus soon!

• wow! thanks for listening IK...think I'll buy your e.piano now to celebrate :)

• Weird... When I updated directly on my iPad, it took about 20 seconds for the install... But the file should have been about 800 MB and should have taken a while to download.

Either Apple is now pre-loading large updates silently in the background, or they are somehow allowing partial updates (e.g. without the soundset)

I had another update for a game (about 1GB) which downloaded regularly and took a while, as I would have expected...

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

• I dont think IK had to update the whole soundset. Im guessing AB implementation only requires a small update.

• @busker
    My update went very quickly too so I suspect just the app was updated not the samples though I don"t know this for sure

• It was very quick here as well.

• Ok, at least I know I'm not going crazy :)

I was under the impression however that there was no way to 'patch' an app, meaning you always need to re-download the full app to update. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this has changed recently?