Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Good News for Air2 folks.

Comments

• ?...Well, I don't think there would be any performance gains without the threading issue as this was Michael's fix for the threading issue. I don't know, this topic went a bit weird. There is obviously an issue with the newer devices. Michael doesn't even say it's technically a bad thing although it seems like it is. Perhaps I should have named this thread 'Good News for Audiobus and Loopy on Air2'. I'm just glad we have dudes like Michael finding and addressing these issues.

• edited March 2015

@otem_rellik said:
    How is 3x performance gains in audiobus and loopy not good news?

@otem_rellik oh, no slight to your first post, but it simply highlights the fact that there is a issue with the Air 2 in the first place (for audio creation). Not something I'm particularly happy to hear considering I upgraded from an iPad 3, which had its own issues.

I'm just hoping someone in here will report that the multithreading issue will be resolved for the other 99% of the apps that I use.

• @busker You are obviously the weird Cassandra-variant of iPad purchasers. From here on out please post precisely what you are intending to buy so the rest of us can be aware.

• edited March 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear no joke, my full device history is iPad 1 > iPad 3 > iPad Air 2.

I somehow managed to completely miss every decent iPad. I tried to trick fate by waiting one extra generation this time, but apparently that didn't help.

• Yeah, the fact that we have app developers finding these kind of bugs and resolve them on their own is not a good thing. I worry that all upcoming ios devices may have this same issue if it's not addressed by apple. :\

• edited March 2015

Apple's support response seems to have deteriorated since I last used them - first support call I had to spend 25 minutes listening to Arabian Metallica covers which wafted in and out from silent to barely audible (a good thing) before getting through to a free support person. Didn't resolve the issue (not her fault if it's an inherent hardware thing) so I tried again the next day and spent another 20 minutes on hold before getting through. Reminds me of the bad old days trying to get through to BT or 1&1. First support worker said she'd write up notes based on everything we'd tried so I wouldn't have to go through it again with the second support member. Didn't happen.

Not very impressive, particularly considering I'd paid extra for AppleCare 'Premium Support', and complete rubbish compared to the really good, couple of minutes and you're though, support I had a couple of years ago.

I really hope Apple don't turn into Dell.

• Didn't someone mention that this issue was in the macs also?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Didn't someone mention that this issue was in the macs also?

Yes, i did!

• @Audiojunkie
    would it be possible to post a summary of that news for non-facebookers (the link requires login)?
    Thanks!

• @mmp Basically the dev of Phosphore mentioned that he has been back and forth with Apple over a bug that caused audio glitches/dropout, and that a future unreleased iOS version appears to fix the issue.

He mentioned Gadget as well; I'm not sure if this is directly related to the threading issue brought up by Michael, but it appears there may be some hope.

• Thanks @busker, that sounds promising!

• oooh,very nice find.

A little hope on the horizon eventually...

• It's irritating to post links to face book. Not every one wants to belong to that.

• edited March 2015

@BiancaNeve said:
    It's irritating to post links to face book. Not every one wants to belong to that.

your right, just have an account for looking; the thread said:

"Nick Dika
    6. März um 10:14

A sliver of good news about iOS8! For those of you who don't know me, I'm the dev of Photophore. I have been wrestling with an iOS8 audio bug for ages where there is an annoying audio glitch or dropout within the first minute of starting the app. I've observed this glitch in other apps like Gadget as well. I've been going back and forth w/ Apple for months, each of us claiming it's the other's bug „smile“-Emoticon. Well, Apple got back to me this week and asked me to try it on the latest 8.3 beta. Looks like they fixed it! Anyway, I just thought I'd share. I'm happy that someone in the Core Audio group is paying attention „smile“-Emoticon."

This give me hope thats fix some probs....

Apple <> Quality

feels like this is years ago, iOS8 and the jump to 64Bit is a total crap...

• Thanks Obi

• @shortbus said:
    According to one of the videos by the audiobus/loopy dev, the animation audio glitch bug also affects iPad Air as well, not just iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6.

No, this does not affect the Air 1.

• edited March 2015

Went to a Bar-Mitzvah yesterday. Somewhat out of my cultural compass (and also long-winded). There was a part where they get the Torah out from behind some curtains with great and delicate ceremony and sat there in the synagogue and drifting off (as I was) it occurred to me that I need to start treating my Air1 in a similarly reverent manner.

• Mr JohnnyGoodyear, I am in no way personally offended as I am a lapsed Catholic (now Atheist) but I am fairly confident that your post is in fact offensive to a portion of the population, Normally I am a big fan of your slightly absurd british humour, but this time I do feel you are somewhat off the mark comedically for whatever the reason, I would think a delete is not the worst option you could choose but maybe that is just me.

• this thread is becoming tumultuous (!!)

• I'm still reeling from my country's humour being labelled as absurd. Absurdist, however...

• a bit of humour, a bit of wisdom

• Sorry Monzo, I didn't realise that britain had become a country, I do assume you are being slightly flippant but Johnnygoodyear's post are sometimes almost Monty python material (and that is intended as a complement) also being a huge fan of british humour I would agree absurdist is a much better description.

• edited March 2015

@banjofran said:

Sorry Monzo, I didn't realise that britain had become a country,

That'll be my misperception - someone with a Scottish surname, Irish parents, born in England yet lived most of my adult life in Wales who doesn't really have their own 'country' so in typically absurd fashion I spread my nationality across the whole Island, and a bit of the other one.

I'm not very good at the country/nationalism thing...I don't like it to be honest.

@banjofran said:

I do assume you are being slightly flippant but Johnnygoodyear's post are sometimes almost Monty python material (and that is intended as a complement) also being a huge fan of british humour I would agree absurdist is a much better description.

We do a thing in the UK called 'taking the piss', probably connected to our general distrust of authority (religious, political, establishment etc.), which fueled by a belief in the freedom of speech provides a futile opportunity to kick against the pricks. We also do it to each other, and in my family it's considered a term of endearment.

I'm not in a position to comment on JG's intentions or style of humour, but I couldn't detect any intended offence in his post. Even if I had I strongly defend his right to include my religion, politics, dead parrot, or anything else I might believe in or like, in a humorous aside.

• I don't see any good news there, I requested to join that group a couple weeks ago and have gotten no response at all. Guess there's nobody home....

• Wow ios8.3....at least 6months off maybe?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Wow ios8.3....at least 6months off maybe?

Rumor has it that it will come out soon after the watch in April

• edited March 2015

@banjofran Certainly no offense meant. I pride myself on believing that when I intend to offend someone they are in no doubt that they have been offended. However, and all hubrissy-sounding stuff to one side, I am going to break my don't complain/don't explain rule and say that the only takeaways I did intend were that The Specific Event i attended was very boring after the first hour, but while there I noticed how much care they took over A Certain Object which to the participants was obviously Very Important. Thereafter, and when scurrying about in my absurdist post-British brain for something to describe how carefully I should be taking care of something which is of great personal importance to me etc etc.

As ever, if someone/anyone wishes to PM me as regards their personal feelings, I welcome them to do so.

• I couldn't see any offence there. If any folk felt offended they should work on their touchy side.

• J.G. Yes indeed, I should have sent you a personal message instead of posting in the thread but that idea did not occur to me. I do however want to admit in plain view that I was wrong to call you out, and I think it is great that nobody appears to have been offended, I guess the whole Charlie Hebdo affair is still fresh in my mind, I should have been thinking more along the line of Father Ted.

• @TGiG said:
    Rumor has it that it will come out soon after the watch in April

But where is 8.2 ?