Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE FREE SAMPLE FODDER THREAD

Comments

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Redo1 said:
    Has this already been posted OR does any one know where to get all the mc303 sounds? I want to try and load them on my circuit before I sell my mc303.

I could sample my mc303 myself but I don't know how to do this. Is it easy?

Yes, would be pretty easy to sample in to audiodhare or any daw in ipad through an audio interface. The recording part is easy as long as you make sure you have level set so you are not getting the signal to high and clipping, the cutting and editing to individual samples is the more time consuming bit but even that is pretty easy with audioshare. Audioshare also good for arranging your created samples in to categories/folders

• edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018
  • @Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Redo1 said:
    Has this already been posted OR does any one know where to get all the mc303 sounds? I want to try and load them on my circuit before I sell my mc303.

Yes, would be pretty easy to sample in to audiodhare or any daw in ipad through an audio interface. The recording part is easy as long as you make sure you have level set so you are not getting the signal to high and clipping, the cutting and editing to individual samples is the more time consuming bit but even that is pretty easy with audioshare. Audioshare also good for arranging your created samples in to categories/folders

do your self a favor and don't edit audio on the iPad ;)
    it will drive you nuts
    things go so much faster with a mouse and keyboard shortcuts ;)
    I would still be editing the whole next week on iPad, on the laptop I did it in 2 days
    besides I recommend a real audio editor audio share is much to simple

Sure is likely quicker and more accurate to edit w a mouse it is not huge amount more effort on iPad. Suppose depends on workflow you are used to. I did all the sound design and editing for this sample pack on iPad
    http://99sounds.org/radiophonic-atmospheres/

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Redo1 said:

it will drive you nuts
    I would still be editing the whole next week on iPad, on the laptop I did it in 2 days

Sure is likely quicker and more accurate to edit w a mouse it is not huge amount more effort on iPad. Suppose depends on workflow you are used to. I did all the sound design and editing for this sample pack on iPad

I would use Twisted Wave. What did you use @RedSkyLullaby ?

• edited February 2018
  • @Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Redo1 said:

it will drive you nuts

I know it kind of works, I used to edit samples 20 years ago without any waveform display by ear and a numeric representation of the sample,
    but this is a computer, I want microscopic sharp edits, you can't do those on an iPad because your fingers a blocking the view ...
    just to select some section of audio on an iPad is driving me nuts, and there are no keyboard short cuts, it feels like back to the stone age ... and it takes forever, I simply don't want to work like that anymore, the day only has 24 h

Just 20 years ago? Are you sure it wasn’t more like 30 years ago? Even about 25 years ago I had Cool Edit on PC. That had sample level zoom and editing in the waveform display.

• edited February 2018
  • @Max23 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Redo1 said:

it will drive you nuts

I know it kind of works, I used to edit samples 20 years ago without any waveform display by ear and a numeric representation of the sample,
    but this is a computer, I want microscopic sharp edits, you can't do those on an iPad because your fingers a blocking the view ...
    just to select some section of audio on an iPad is driving me nuts, and there are no keyboard short cuts, it feels like back to the stone age ... and it takes forever, I simply don't want to work like that anymore, the day only has 24 h

Just 20 years ago? Are you sure it wasn’t more like 30 years ago? Even about 25 years ago I had Cool Edit on PC. That had sample level zoom and editing in the waveform display.

I started using computers for audio 20 years ago, before that I only used hardware, then I went all software.
    that was about the time when cpus got fast enough to do realtime audio

My computer back then was a 486 with 4 mb ram and a 160 mb hard drive, lol. But it was a trip that I could do any of the sampling, looping and processing back then. Before that I had only used 4-track cassette with guitar pedals for effects. Oh yeah, and that awesome RadioShack reverb, too.

• edited February 2018
  • @Max23 said:
    lol, yeah I had a lot of stomp boxes too, I found some old recordings I did on mini disc, anyone remember those? , lol, that ish is so noisy, I can't play that to anyone ^^

Just go old school 'tape, scissors, snip, snip, snip' ;)

• @anickt said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Redo1 said:

it will drive you nuts

I used audioshare. Would prob do in twisted wave or Auria next time

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@anickt said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Max23 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@Redo1 said:

it will drive you nuts

I used audioshare. Would prob do in twisted wave or Auria next time

Actually Caustic has very good editing tools but the file naming aspect can be a little weird. I have used it for the exact purpose of editing drum samples and it was fine. I wish it would get an update.

• edited February 2018
  • classic... must sample

• A shed ton of Free ChipTune samples
    http://rhythm-lab.com/chipshop-deluxe/

• “Free Dose” is a free sound pack available for free download on BangerLab site.

Free Dose contains over 220 Wav loops and over 50 MIDI files, including vocal samples, drum samples, synth loops, hi-hat loops, and more.

No registration or subscription is required on the download page.

https://bangerlab.com/product/free-dose-free-sample-pack

• edited July 2018

I can edit and trim samples pretty precisely on my Korg Kross 2 , not to mention an easy file and storage on SD card. Kinda glad I got it now .

• edited July 2018

@Max23 said:
    lol, yeah I had a lot of stomp boxes too, I found some old recordings I did on mini disc, anyone remember those? , lol, that ish is so noisy, I can't play that to anyone ^^

Mini-Disc!!! Hahaha I thought I was so cool when I got a cd/mini-disc stereo in jr. high school. My very first recordings were blink-182 covers played through a shitty AUX mic to blank minidisc.

• Free is always good. Just waiting for the day when AudioCopy gets Files.app support :)
    I mean iMPC Pro 2 already has rudimentary Files.app support (ie. visible in Files.app) so it's just a mater of time...

• 1GB royalty free synthi/spacey/sfxy/ambient samples (scroll down - no need to register).

https://www.bluezone-corporation.com/

• Nice to see this thread is continuing to bear fruit

• edited August 2018
  • Selections from The Berklee College of Music Sampling Archive

the page is from the OLPC wiki and has many other sound samples

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sound_samples

• The user and all related content has been deleted.