Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE FREE SAMPLE FODDER THREAD

Comments

• Ghosthack has over 3000 free samples for Christmas broken into packs

https://www.ghosthack.de/free_sample_packs/

• One man tribe - xplosive rhythms for Xmas for Free - loop pack

https://www.benaylon.com/product/xplosive-rhythms

• I’m hearing Jamie Lidell chat with Four Tet in the excellent “Hanging out with Audiophiles” podcast. Four Tet mentions Legowelt as an excellent source of samples, so I head there and here it is http://legowelt.org/samples/
    Free samples. Does anyone know these?.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Ghosthack has over 3000 free samples for Christmas broken into packs

https://www.ghosthack.de/free_sample_packs/

Thanks for posting this. Ghosthack have excellent free vocal packs. Ive been looking for vocal samples for a while and these are great. And I think this might even result in me buying stuff from them. Thanks again to poppadocrock and this great thread

• @tahiche said:
    I’m hearing Jamie Lidell chat with Four Tet in the excellent “Hanging out with Audiophiles” podcast. Four Tet mentions Legowelt as an excellent source of samples, so I head there and here it is http://legowelt.org/samples/

Yea, that’s one of the more popular free sample sites. I can’t believe Four Tet mentioned using them though, that’s pretty cool.

• Bvker Free VaporWave Drum Kit 12mb zip no signup

https://bvker.com/vaporwave-drum-kit/

• Sample Science has a Free Hybrid Drum Design Pack 7mb. Email required.

https://www.samplescience.info/2021/01/hybrid-drum-design.html

• Samples From Mars All-In deal:

“Hey there,

Just a heads up that there's less than a day left to get everything on the site for $39.

At just over 50GB (but well organized by product and software type), this includes every sample pack we've ever made, for the price of ~ one pack.

Everything on the site will revert back to normal prices at 5:00 PM EST Friday Feb 5th.

And then there won't be any more sale emails for a long time :)

Looks like there were some positive posts about Mars samples on this thread in the past, so thought I would share...

• @tahiche said:
    I’m hearing Jamie Lidell chat with Four Tet in the excellent “Hanging out with Audiophiles” podcast. Four Tet mentions Legowelt as an excellent source of samples, so I head there and here it is http://legowelt.org/samples/

The Legowelt stuff is great. Just be forewarned, all the samples require some degree of editing. Especially the drum samples. Most have dead space on the front end. This may or may not bother you. It’s a personal pet peeve of mine and I’ve literally went thru and truncated EVERY sample I intended to use.... entire banks 😱
    The sample content is top notch, but definitely some work involved.

• @Apex Most have dead space on the front end

Why?. That’s so mean!

@SNystrom said:
    Samples From Mars All-In deal:

“Hey there,

Just a heads up that there's less than a day left to get everything on the site for $39.

At just over 50GB (but well organized by product and software type), this includes every sample pack we've ever made, for the price of ~ one pack.

Everything on the site will revert back to normal prices at 5:00 PM EST Friday Feb 5th.

Looks like there were some positive posts about Mars samples on this thread in the past, so thought I would share...

This sounds like an amazing deal!. I think I’m gonna go for it.
    I just wish iOS would allow playing samples from external drives so you could just download the whole thing. As it is I’m gonna have to cherry pick the samples, I can’t afford 50GB in my drive.

• edited February 2021

@tahiche said:

@Apex Most have dead space on the front end

Why?. That’s so mean!

@SNystrom said:

“Hey there,

I just wish iOS would allow playing samples from external drives so you could just download the whole thing. As it is I’m gonna have to cherry pick the samples, I can’t afford 50GB in my drive.

It was actually 19$ with a discount code on top. Amazing deal. If anyone wants the code feel free to pm me.

• Out of interest (don't laugh) how do people tend to use samples? For background FX?

• As a relative newbie, I had the same question last year. In time I've found that by tinkering with the samples (applying effects, EQ and chopping it into segments), I can make something new from found sounds.

I can then feed these sounds into drum machines to make unique rhythms and melodic sequences.

Some apps made for performance with samples (like Flip) will help you even further since they make effect automation a breeze. I’d start with an app like this to help you get comfortable with the workflow - just a little play yields results.

@NimboStratus said:
    Out of interest (don't laugh) how do people tend to use samples? For background FX?

• @NimboStratus said:
    Out of interest (don't laugh) how do people tend to use samples? For background FX?

A thousand things, but the main ones are... You load drum samples to make your own drum kits in a drum sampler like Digistix or eg pulse. you use Multisample or single sampled instruments or synths to create that instrument in a sampler like chameleon or audiolayer

• Can other apps like Rozeta, atom etc trigger digistix if I create my own kit?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@tahiche said:

@Apex Most have dead space on the front end

Why?. That’s so mean!

@SNystrom said:

“Hey there,

It was actually 19$ with a discount code on top. Amazing deal. If anyone wants the code feel free to pm me.

Right, so I got 50GB of Samples From Mars on a USB Drive.
    What the F##@K do I do now? 😂😱
    They won’t fit on my 128GB iPad. You can’t use samples or do anything with external drives, which is an unbelievable shortcoming and very annoying.

Another even bigger question...
    I’m trying to use the EXS (logic) files included to open them in AudioLayer. That seems like the quickest and bestest way right?. But I can’t get it right, it keeps crashing. Has anyone been able to open these Samples from Mars EXS files?

• Sorry also what’s the difference between Chameleon and Digikeys? Will digikeys work with the single / multi samples

• @NimboStratus said:
    Can other apps like Rozeta, atom etc trigger digistix if I create my own kit?

Yes sir.

• @NimboStratus said:
    Sorry also what’s the difference between Chameleon and Digikeys? Will digikeys work with the single / multi samples

Chameleon is a sampler so you can load samples of other instruments, map it to the right key (which is hopefully listed in sample info), and then play them across the keyboard.

DigiKeys is a generative or semi generative piano sequencer it also does play sound fonts but it’s mostly geared toward generating piano riffs and sending out midi to another synth instrument. It’s Not a sampler. SoundFonts are an older but still a popular and great way to play a synth or instrument from one file. They are recordings of an instrument/synth/etc that can only be played inside a SoundFont player. It might look like YamahaPiano.sf it’s made up of audio files but you don’t have the audio, you have the sf, or SF2 file. Only to be used in Soundfont players.

• Damn missed the sample deal

• If your talking about samples from Mars apparently they do that sale every year round Xmas

• In that case I might be ready to understand how to use them or need them 🤣

• @NimboStratus said:
    In that case I might be ready to understand how to use them or need them 🤣

Awesome I highly recommend searching your app of choice and watching a YouTube video on it. There are several great channels, that provide tutorials, how to’s, etc... and most apps have been covered.

• Here are a lot of free loops and sample (creative commons). Alot of these made in Endlesss app and Jamm Pro. Bits of me in here, plus Matt Black from Coldcut and bunch of other talented Endlesss crew
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0fndtvzvgm0v51/0 Endlesss x Jamm Pro x Coldcut Gift Sample Sets.zip?dl=0

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Here are a lot of free loops and sample (creative commons). Alot of these made in Endlesss app and Jamm Pro. Bits of me in here, plus Matt Black from Coldcut and bunch of other talented Endlesss crew
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0fndtvzvgm0v51/0 Endlesss x Jamm Pro x Coldcut Gift Sample Sets.zip?dl=0

Cheers @RedSkyLullaby

• Very cool, thx RedSky!

• Found Sounds from Samples From Mars is currently free right now. A few of their sample packs are at a crazy discount right now too

https://samplesfrommars.com/products/found-sounds-from-mars