Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Overdub is on the bus!

edited March 2014 in General App Discussion

Comments

• Thnx Simon! Just got it! Damn, busy day today

• Has anyone using this app had any issues with it in the input on audiobus. When I plug an effect into the chain it doesn't seem to effect overdub. Plus it doesn't seem to show up on my ipad. Are these bugs on overdub's end? Kind of bummed.

• Just got the update for the ipad. So that's figured out.

• how do u like it! i bought it but havent even had a chance to play with it since i got a few other apps and have been busy with them,

• It's not bad. I use to have it on my phone and took it off because I never used it. Had other looper/recording apps I used more but being that its audiobus compatible made me want to revisit it. Pretty easy to record and loop. Haven't delved too deep into it. So far so good.

• If I own and love Loopy, do I care? I'm a sucker for loopers but my apps:musical output ratio is so out of whack that I've actually stood pretty strong lately with my app addiction!

• Not really but if you like a change up, try it out. Has some issues with it right now. Doesn't play well with audiobus. Can't seem to record it into MT daw or use effects on it.

• Loopy rulz!

• edited April 2013

I also love Loopy but the one feature that it lacks that is preventing me from using it 24/7 is the ability to auto-record once there's an input sound. I hate having to edit loop start points and end points. Totally takes me out of creative flow as i have to engage the logical part of my brain. so when using a dj app like djay or my new favorite app remixer, to find a nice loop, id like to just record that one time and have it set to go. @syrupcore - never had a chance to thank you on loopys forum for your tip on creating an initial loop with silence but that process is still dependent on me hitting record at the exact time. i dont wanna stress over little things like that when creating.

• edited March 2014