Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Popcorn

Don't shoot me down but one of my guilty pleasures is listening to the classic popcorn by hot butter very loud my in man cave. Now people might think I'm mad but I think it's an excellent piece of synth music. Is anyone with me or am alone in this? I've been trying to recreate this with various synths running through the bus into cubasis and it's coming along slowly. Does anyone have a synth guilty pleasure that have made it their mission to recreate or is it just me?

Comments

• edited April 2013

Ha, I was mucking about on sunrizer a few days ago, and accidentally played a short phrase from Popcorn and had the thought a cover version would make a great demo piece for ios/audiobus apps. Would like to hear it when it's done! :)

EDIT: Got me googling... http://www.synthtopia.com/content/tag/popcorn/

• Nice version. Mine is a bit more shall we say 'heavy' just think its a cracking piece of synth music. Will post a link to it when done.

• I think that post has 9 versions spanned over 2 pages. I think the article mentions there are over 500 cover versions...bound to be a few heavies in there. Definitely post the link when done. :)

• Missed that, didn't think there would be such a subject on here. Sod bed I'm off to have a look.

• It is nothing to feel guilty about - I can think of a lot worse!

• @UKmadstu Animoog has a preset called Popcorn.....not sure if this is what u r using but it sounds pretty good and the original 'Popcorn' was done with a moog......just thought I'd chip in!

• edited March 2014