Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG iOS apps: 50% OFF Special Sale! Until 15th.

edited March 2014 in General App Discussion

Comments

• Can any of these be used in fx slots? Im not really a keyboard guy but am always looking for new fx stuff. I like Magellan in fx and am thinking one of these bad boys can add some new flavor to drum tracks.

thanks in advance

• edited March 2014

• Cool...
    Downloading KORG iPolysix Right Now!
    Thanks

• I really like the iElectribe and iPolysix. Can anyone say if the Gorillaz one is significantly different enough to warrant its own purchase?

• edited March 2014

• if you could only choose 1 between the iMS-20 and iPolysix which would it be?

• Thanks Simon, maybe I'll get iMS-20 instead. I'm not planning for any commercial releases but you never know!

• @matt - my preference is iPolysix. Both have great sounds, but I like the UI of iPolysix better and find it easier to learn.

• @matt depends what you want to do with them. I think iMS-20 sounds quite a bit better but then again I owned an original polysix and sold it because I wasn't stoked on the sound as compared to other synths.

iPolysix fixes a lot of a little UI annoyances most have with iMS20 but from a pure sound standpoint, I don't think it holds a candle.

Other big difference: iMS20 is mono!

• @syrupcore sound is by far the biggest reason to choose one over the other for me. Is this the way to go if I'm not going to spend more than $15 since it is on sale or are there others I should get instead like Magellan perhaps?

• I like both but am not familiar enough with "old-fashioned programming" to properly use the iMS-20 but find it super easy to get great sound out of iPolysix and find it easy to program. It is one of, if not, my favorite synths.

• Also worth noting you can automate almost anything in iPolysix, including effects, either level of effects or rotate through different effects, but automate literally almost everything just tap-n-hold over a knob and a box pops ip

• @jmsexton makes a great differentiating point I neglected: it's easier to program ipolysix. That said, you can get far more interesting (to me) sounds out of ims20 if you spend the time.

BUT! I'd get Magellan over either of them if I had to choose. :) then you can use that extra money to buy a stranger a beer. Or add sunrizer. You will get all the virtual analog you can consume with those two. Or a new beer buddy.

• Magellan it is then, but they're the same price and I have sunrizer already so I'll be all set just short a beer buddy. Cheers!

• edited April 2013

@Matt - Ahhhh, I hope you didn't already buy Magellan, it just went on sale to $6.99 (from $14.99)

• (I thought it always cost $7!)

• Worth following the apps on AppShopper. I just got notified of the drop to €5,99 and came to mention it here :)

• @Tarasis I did the same thing. I used to use AppShopper a ton, then I deleted it to remove space then reinstall...it always built up space on me with no way to clear besides delete, then went to AppStore and found out it got pulled for some reason so I couldn't reinstall it, still have it on my old iPhone. I visit their website sometimes but on the ipad now I use AppZapp for sales, upgrades, and new apps

• Ha dodged a bullet! Tapped my last post as I was hitting the sack and put it off until this morning. Thanks guys

• Also I spent the difference on ThumbJam. Didn't realize how capable it was until I listened to the Hendrix cover.

• Thumbjam is stellar so underestimated at first

• @JMSexton I only found out it was pulled the other day. If you restore a device from an iCloud backup the app is re-installed so it is still sort of there, though def not listed under your Purchased apps. Crikey.

• I refresh this tab on my phone once a day. :)
    http://www.idesignsound.com/price-drops/

• IPolysix has more advanced UI features, as it is newer. ( the automation recording is nice - see my review on YouTube ) Also, a sim of a more powerful synth.

Still, iElectribe and iKaossilator are lots of fun! Intuitive jamming.

Gorillaz is great, but yes, you will always be making a remix with the ROM samples.
    ( How about a full iESX? That'd be great. )

• I have nothing to add to this thread other than it's cool to have VJ Franz on this forum. Big fan here! I've got ur Cybergoth app. i also appreciated your vjay review of vjay the app. ok, sorry for the thread hijack

• edited March 2014

• I have a Kronos. But I still grabbed both PolySix and MS20. I recommend to anyone who is doubting...go for it while it is cheap! A few hours left.

• Thanks for the mention! Of course I'd want to investigate Audiobus, it's a big advance for iOS music - I have two videos completed with it so far and more soon.

When you activate Cybergoth, your entire world is rebuilt in black and white stripes, steel and fiberoptic cable. No... actually it's a simple visual app for VJ projections etc.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cybergothvjfranzk/id431462564?mt=8

Programming is not my main skill, so I won't be making any Audiobus compatible apps, UNTIL I find the right person / company to work with? HINT...

• @Simon - Its a VJ app. VJ Franz is a really good VJ. Check out his youtube stuff