Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig PowerBridge

After an admittedly quick look for a thread it seems as if no one has made mention of the PowerBridge... There's a lot of b&f here about IKM stuff, but is there an opinion? Is this the powered solution everyone's looking for? Just curious...

Comments

• There was a thread right after NAMM. A few posts. Mostly yawns.

It's like a ac adapter. It isn't going to get a standing ovations, (except for the people who happened to own one of those ik cables)

Anyway, it says "First Q" I think. Probably a month from now. I have their stuff so i'll pay the insane $70 they are asking. Got to love iK LOL

• Good idea. Unfortunately my irig keys only has a 30 pin cable and my iPad Air doesn't, so I use micro usb and the cck with it. If it comes with the cable to connect ipad to this I'd be interested in seeing it. If I also have to buy a $30 lightning cable (with $15 2 week shipping from them) to go with it, well, my battery lasts through gigs just fine.

One thing they do state though is that it is a clean power supply, which is always a good thing.

• edited January 2015

@mrufino1 said:

One thing they do state though is that it is a clean power supply, which is always a good thing.

You mean they sell an Audio accessory and plug the fact it won't cause horrible interference noise?

I'm so relieved LOL

Maybe they will come out with a cheaper version with noise issues. Choice is good.

• You joke, but I have some items that came with very bad power supplies. Still, doesn't mean I'll be getting this soon. But it is a good idea.

• edited July 2015

So does PowerBridge work with devices other than iRig accessories? That is, can it accept MIDI input from a controller other than an IK Multimedia controller? Can't find any info about this on their website.

• Asked this question via their YouTube video () and they replied that it's for iRig accessories only. Too bad.

• I had a lot of trouble even getting this working and it's still non-functioning. I emailed their customer support but no reply. Their firmware update software doesn't seem to recognize the PowerBridge (or even the iRig Stream). I tried on several Apple computers and a PC with both a regular USB cord they supplied and a USB-c cord they supplied. Is their software just flawed or did someone figure out a trick? I can't use the PowerBrige (won't charge iPhone) until apparently the firmware is updated but I can't update the firmware because their firmware update app won't recognize their hardware :/

• edited April 2020

@quantum said:
    I had a lot of trouble even getting this working and it's still non-functioning. I emailed their customer support but no reply. Their firmware update software doesn't seem to recognize the PowerBridge (or even the iRig Stream). I tried on several Apple computers and a PC with both a regular USB cord they supplied and a USB-c cord they supplied. Is their software just flawed or did someone figure out a trick? I can't use the PowerBrige (won't charge iPhone) until apparently the firmware is updated but I can't update the firmware because their firmware update app won't recognize their hardware :/

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting started. Please do note, iRig Stream is not compatible with iRig PowerBridge. The iRig PSU3a is used for charging your iOS device while using iRig Stream. The iRig Stream currently does not have a firmware update. Please PM me your ticket number and I will see how I can help here. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/?A=irig-psu-3a

• @Pixelmystic said:
    So does PowerBridge work with devices other than iRig accessories? That is, can it accept MIDI input from a controller other than an IK Multimedia controller? Can't find any info about this on their website.

Yes, the iRig PowerBridge will work with a couple different iRig devices. This includes both audio and MIDI based devices.
    Official iRig PowerBridge compatibility can be found here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpowerbridge/index.php?p=specs