Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer

Yes I just did start this thread about the $150 app as I didnt want to hijack the Bebot thread.

While some of our fellow members have criticized the app due to price and sound (myself included) I'd like to be fair to the developer and find out what is so great about his app. I am actually in your target market as my main reason for buying an Iphone was BM2, and also love Impaktor, Stochastik, and many of the other drum apps. I'm also a drummer so I also know the limitations of many of these apps (which is why I love Impaktor so much)

Help me understand what is so great about your app. Your wave theory sounds interesting but the demos that are available truthfully would not make me pay even $10 for the app. I'd definitely buy if it were lower than $5 but anything more, why? can you or any other real users provide more demos as I'll give you credit, you peaked my interest.

Comments

• edited April 2013

Ok, so I just listened to the Percussion Ensemble and I must say I'm impressed. I'm a big Budgie fan (Siouxsie and Banshees/Creatures) and Pete De Freitas of the Bunnymen and unless you know how to play drums, I dont think you could do that with any drum app out there (if you do know how to rock it, maybe Impaktor) so props for the cool app. I guess for me, if I wanted that feel, I might just record myself playing real toms instead of using a electronic device but if this app was more affordable, I'd definitely rock it and tell the world about it.

Your youtube vid didnt really do it for me nor the other soundcloud but this one did:

http://m.soundcloud.com/techne-media/percussion-ensemble

But man, not $150. The reason I'm not playing a Pearl set is cuz I'm broke. Good luck anyways!

Oh, can your app do 24 bit?

• Sell an app for $150 and have one buyer, who only recommends it to a handful of friends because of the price, none of whom buy it...because of the price.

OR

Sell an app for $5 and have 1000+ buyers who recommend it to a large percentage of friends because the app is cool and at a great price...the majority of which buy it because it was recommended and it is affordable... because of the price.

Hopefully the upcoming update with AB, will see a dramatic drop in price, surge in sales, and more user recommendations.

Best of luck. :)

• edited March 2014

• Apropos of nothing, the forum admin can usually check IP addresses to see if 2 seemingly different members are posting from the same computer. :)

• I was just amused by the notion that 50% of £150 somehow made the app a bargain.

• edited March 2014

• edited April 2013

Flo26 you created an account on April 9th and have 5 comments all prob on this thread forgive us for thinking the following...

Technemedia = Flo26

• Wow. Just WOW. That was the biggest freak out the forum has seen and over nothing. Reminds me of when a girl is cheating on you and you ask her how her night was and she freaks out cause it's "none of your business"... So mad, because they are guilty. ;-) Am I right? No one said anything to warrant that, right? Sooo sad.

• Funny that this app is all about repeating patterns...

http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=261548

• Fellow bards, make haste! The gauntlet has been thrown down! We must toil at the musical forge until our music is glorious enough to be heard throughout the halls of the castle!

For the glory of Audiobus!

• For the glory of Audiobus!

• edited April 2013

@Flotech - Ok, i dont know crap about the technoloical software synthesis terms but is your app like DrumAGog where its not just one simple kick sample, but youve got a a group of samples, like a loud hard kick sample, medium kick and softer subtle kick and thats how a user can create the nuances that make it more realistic?

how would it work with midi then if say ive got a bunch of drum samples on Beatmaker but its just like one fat 808 kick without the other subtle 808 samples?

oh, and can we tune the samples? for that price, id want to know the exact frequency and tuning to save editing time for me. for example, if ive got a song where the key is in E, id want my kick sample to easily be tuned to E and know upfront how its eq'd so I dont have to sweep the eq trying to find its dominant frequency. id also want 24 bit samples. otherwise you're like all the other apps and i still have to use drumagog down the road in Auria.

• Hey everybody...I'm the developer and Flo26 is a really great guy and musician and is not me, I assure you. For some reason most of my customers are in Europe and it's been fun being in touch with them. I've been developing music software since the 1980's including HyperChord, Pixound, Cyclophone and many more and people like David Byrne (Talking Heads), Herbie Hancock, Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo) and Michael Shrieve (Santana), Shpongle and many others have used and loved my software. It's interesting how people will pay 600 bucks for Sibelius or 300 for Autotune or any number of softwares but in the app world it just has to be bargain basement or it raises all sorts of issues, almost like it's a crime. Everybody has valid points and lack of videos and better audio samples is not helping which I will try to address. I just hate doing video production. I love working on Different Drummer but it's not my full time job so I can't support tons of people the way I like to which is with personal service. Part of why I made the price so high was because it was so magical I almost wanted to keep it for myself, for my own music production. I'm a musician too so I relate to the musician's budget but I've also spent a lot of money on gear and instruments and software so I don't actually see the big deal (well I see it but I don't get too bent about it). BTW, not only is Different Drummer tunable but there is a complex wave that controls note values and over 70 musical scales. So you can have a Kick in C pentatonic with 7 tablas in G Mixolydian. Nothing is more fun than jamming with tonal drums as a guitarist. Any way feel free to reach out any time [email protected] and be nice to Flo26, my new musical friend from France (Thanks Flo26)! I've made some cool improvements while doing this new Audiobus version and I LOVE the guys at Audiobus and what they've done. In the end..it's all about the music!!! Peace.

• edited March 2014

• edited April 2013

Flo26 = Technemedia

&

Technemedia = Flo26

...both accounts created in past few days both have only a couple posts.

To you sir:
    You're not fooling anyone! Save yourself and your app some respect by leaving well enough alone. No one here is trying to attack you, but of course were all going to call it like we see it when you try to fool us with all your shenanigans! Good Day and good luck to you and your app, I hope it prospers and you do well with it, but also please take into consideration the recommendations we all have made here apply them.

-Jarrett

• Hey, this is priced at 24.99 now.

Is it finally worth it at that price according the AB ferreters?

It seems really cool......

• Just bought Different Drummer (thanks to reduced price, well). Very interesting app, though interface is a bit overweighten and i'm under impression that my iPad 3rd is weak for it - when i'm changing different parametres, i get latency on visualisation of it.