Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Workflow

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015

@musikmachine said: @dubathonic you can do that, i record into Auria quite a lot.

cool. so what sequencing app do you use? as i say, that's the missing piece in my chain, and has been for awhile.

• @dubathonic said:
    cool. so what sequencing app do you use? as i say, that's the missing piece in my chain, and has been for awhile.

I use Thesys, Xynthesizr and midisequencer unless you mean DAW type stuff? I use Auria as the clock source and record the audio into seperate tracks, i think most decent midi generating apps will run on the bus. :)

• @rest cheers for the replies, will reply later.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    The task bar folders are handy, since you can access them from any page.

Cant believe I never thought to throw my favorites folder on task bar. Definitely going to save time. Most stuff I use in my favorites folder but it is getting a bit crowded in there

• @Paulinko said:
    musikmachine I have an iPad mini 2, iPad Air 2, and an iPhone 5S all on iOS 8.1.3. My biggest issue with iOS 8 is not having sound when I put multiple apps in the input or effects slots of Audiobus but by opening and closing the apps I can get the chain working and it's stable after that. Everything else seems to work fine and there are only a few apps that I use that haven't been updated to iOS 8 yet. Didn't switch the iPad mini over to iOS until 8.1.2 was released. The iPad 2 is still on iOS 7.

Do you mean force closing the apps and then waking them in AB or just loading the app twice in the AB slot? I tried this but it doesn't always work but yeah sounding cutting out is the problem, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Right, time to organize my shizz. :)

• edited January 2015

@musikmachine I don't think you're doing anything wrong, the software has issues. What I tend to try is make sure all apps are closed before starting Audiobus. I then select the apps in the various slots of Audiobus and launch them one by one allowing them to open up and close before launching the next app. If I can't hear sound, I'll try ejecting an effect app from within Auduobus but don't close it in iOS. If there is still no sound I'll eject an input app from within Audiobus then add it back in again. If I get sound, then I'll add the effect back in to see if I'll continue to get sound. If adding the effect app stops the sound, then I'll eject the app and close it out in iOS add it back into Audiobus and launch it again. It's a lot of trial and error but once you've done it several times the process becomes almost automatic. After I finally establish sound from the apps I want, then it remains stable. Adding another app can definitely mess up the sound again so I like to plan which apps I'm going to use in a particular session so I only have to get the sound flowing once.

Having no sound seems to happen most often when there are multiple input or effect apps in Audiobus. It's also a reason I wouldn't trust iOS 8 for live performance either.

• Thanks. That is a lot of trial and error lol but I shall try it! I like to try and save chains that i can reuse but have run into glitches doing that but recording into AS and loading that into ABs input causes far fewee problems, so far! Got all my folders nicely sorted now, been able to put folders on the taskbar makes a big difference.

@rad3d gotta put the work in to get the flow hehe!