Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My first iPad song made in Beathawk

edited January 2015 in Creations

Hi it's been an interesting month since starting to make music on an iPad after 10 years on a laptop using a number of different daws over the years. I'll be honest it's frustrating, very frustrating at times but since buying Beathawk last Friday I've been really enjoying myself so this is the first finished tune I've done exclusively on iPad. Be gentle, be honest

Comments

• Not crazy about the arp that comes in at 0:50 and 2:11, but it's a solid tune nonetheless. Well done.

• Hi thanks telecharge thanks for listening, the arp did seam a strange choice due to the other instruments in there but I thought I'd go with it as I am a synth man at heart. Thanks for the feedback.

• I like the arp, I think you could make it even more 'hooky', I like the variations also
    Is it all done in Beathawk?

• Thanks tickletiger, it's all Beathawk using the standard sounds a mixture of edm and urban. I think the iap will be nice in the future, things like the choirs and piano would be good. I like the simplicity and how easy it is to get things moving along with ease, this is what I've struggled with so far with other apps and workflows.

Cheers

• nice vibe on this one, what were you using on your computer before you got into the iPad, did you ever use any of uvi's libraries on your computer?

• Hi kobamoto, I've used live, studio one, reaper, reason and cubase. All good programs but I've obviously never settled on any GAS I think is the problem. I had uvi digital synths library which I got free with a purchase from audio deluxe but I never got into it to be honest, I've looked at there other stuff and often been intrigued but never took the plunge. I think having them on the iPad will work out better for me.

• As Julius himself said: It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking. Quite so.

Gentle:

-Love the piano, really love it. I was in the movie once the piano started. Like the arp. Trouble is, as ever, making the derivative sound fresh.

Honest:

-Didn't like the high end string sounds at the start (and end), especially the very highest notes which sounded like they were reaching, didn't sound committed to the process.

-Not convinced about a note or two in the bass line. Maybe it's just one. Feels like you have an intruder in there somewhere. A stowaway not pulling his weight.

In other news, it's great that you've found something you feel comfortable with. Completion is a drug (I keep telling myself....). Keep it up.

• Thanks for the honest feedback Johnny I appreciate it, it's given me something to think about.

• Great that you found an app that works for you. I would suggest also taking a look at Korg Gadget if you want some more options. It also has one of the best workflows on iOS in my opinion. Not sure if it's still on sale.

• Hi peter gadget was the first thing I bought when I got my iPad, really impressed with it and I just bought the two sample gadgets in the sale. I think I need to spend more time with gadget as I can get some good ideas going but never see anything through to the end, sound quality is immense though.

• Nice work. Great drum beat, nice electric piano comping and I actually like the arp quite a bit. Think the string chords at 2:00-2:30 might sound more interesting on an organ or vibes or something instead of strings — mostly to contrast other strings you already have going on.

Agree with JGY that the very highest string notes at the start and finish sound a bit out of place.

• Cheers syrupcore I think I'll go back and rethink the string parts as they stand out more to me now they've been mentioned, organ might work well I'll experiment with it, thanks

• edited January 2015

I love the e.piano groove you've got going at 1:20. It sounds very Alan Parsons-esque. Personally I think some rhythm guitar would add a lot to the song, but that's me.

• Thanks a lot coloobar, rhythm guitar does have that ability to add depth to a tune might be worth a try.

• Nice feel to this one!

• Cheers phil