Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hop On to the Bus [Audiobus Tribute Song]

edited April 2013 in Creations

This might be corny, I don't know, but I thought some of you might like it. My first song attempt using Beatmaker 2 & Audiobus:

Recorded in my car on a couple lunch breaks. Tools used: iPad Mini with Beatmaker 2, Audiobus, Soundprism Pro, Guitarism. Vocals recorded (poorly) with iPad mic. Comments welcome :D

Comments

• edited April 2013

I'm close to tears here. :D Thank you <3

• Hopefully not with laughter!! :D

Thanks man - for everything.

• edited April 2013

It's lovely, really! I love how you've made that on the go as well. That's exactly what we've been hoping for when we built Audiobus.

• Damn now I'm walking around the pub all day singing, "hop on to the bus" people are gonna think I'm doing a PSA for public transportation or some pervy sexual innuendo! Seriously though nice work@jesse_ohio!

• Dude you are awesome! You wrote the song we all wished we had written! I hope Michael & Sebastian have your permission to use it as an official theme song (hint hint). Maybe it'll play when we open the web page!..... "Hop on to the BUS!!!"

• A couple of bux for some amazing apps...
    Awesome, man !

• Brilliant. And I so love the fact that you recorded it in your car!

• Thanks all. I think it could be done a lot cleaner, but I was going by Pantsofdeath's mantra to "share what you make". I'm pretty self-conscious because I never ever sing but I figure I'll never make progress if I don't start recording and sharing.

It could stand to have some more lyrics, it's kinda short. But hey, I made a thing!

Also thanks to all the recommendations from everyone in my "Help me pick a DAW" thread. BM2 definitely has some quirks but after making this song I feel so much more comfortable in it.

• edited April 2013

@Jesse_ohio Buddy, that was freaking awesome and makes me want to subscribe to your newsletter. Can I do a cover of it? ;-) We should all cover this! :-)

• @Ryan thanks man! No newsletter yet but maybe I'll start a blog, lol

And dude, cover it, that would be awesome. We can do a cheesy campfire singalong demo where we all share in singing the chorus. Ooh, or a Postal Service type thing where we forward the track to someone else to add some element. Actually I really like that idea (in general, not necessarily for this song).... OFF TO START A PAY-IT-FORWARD REMIX THREAD!!

• edited April 2013

Hey Man..thats so great..fantastic and well deserved sentiment aplause all round..

• I like it - very catchy! :)

• edited March 2014

• Great idea to use the Bus to make a song about it! Catchy too.

• Great song man! Keep em coming!

• Great song!

Thanks for making it

• Ha, genius.

Nice melodies and that guitarism sounds very nice.

• @DaveMagoo thanks! This was the first time I'd used Guitarism, I was amazed at how easy it was to play and get really natural guitar sounds. By far the easiest part of making this song. Can't wait to try the new updated version that will be native on my iPad mini!