Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG and Moog revive golden-era analog synthesizers

Cool to have the old synths back. Hardware vs software emulation. Is there a difference?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-namm-preview-20150122-story.html#page=1

Comments

• I'm even more excited to see the brand"Sequential Curcuits"back along with a Prophet 6 ;) Good times indeed. http://www.sequential.com

• Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

• ...and then I met a man with no feet.

• edited January 2015

OMG, didn't know about the Korg ARP's. Always wanted one. Nearly took a trip to the London Synthesizer Centre in the 80's to buy a Quadra but was distracted by an MS20 instead. Then saw a bunch of ARP's (including a 2600) being sold dirt cheap in a junk shop in the 90's but didn't have the funds to buy them. Maybe this time...

• Especially the white Arp is VERY tempting i have to admit.

• Keith Emerson's Moog is what I am excited about. Not that I'll ever see one, but maybe they'll make an app.

• There are a lot if synths that still need to be app'd, I hope the new wave of hardware revival doesn't dilute their iOS development. I'm desperate for an i2600

• @Flo26 said:

@musikmachine said:

Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

keep your kidney.lol.i fight against kidney problems.not funny everyday.lol.nothing much important than health.cheers!

Hey trust me I know the importance of good health but music is the best therapy. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear....PaulB was much better!!!!!

• MC-202 on iPad

• I think the manufacturers decided to re-issue some of these classics when they see the vintage originals selling on eBay for twice as much or more as the original retail price.

• Nothing new theses days,... Back to the future

• So does this mean i'll be able to pick up vintage gear for cheap?!!! ;)

• The eBay prices for vintage minimoogs continued to escalate and people keep buying them even after the brand new minimoog voyagers began selling for about the same or less. The new minimoog voyagers are supposed to sound the same (or better in some respects) as an old minimoog but some folks just want the nostalgia of the original and are willing to pay for it.

• Synthesizers used to be about the future...

• New Les Pauls are being built, but people pay scary money for one built in the 1950s.

• @Crawlingwind said:

Synthesizers used to be about the future...

We were lied to by our album covers.

• If they are just going to make an authentic reproduction of an original Arp Odyssey with no patch memory, I don't think it would sell well. It's too difficult to program for people who don't know how.

• I’d very much like to see this little rarity revived, cloned even (but not by behringer, as they’d basically steal it and give no reward to the original designer’s family). It’d be very good to see exactly this, perhaps slightly less huge, but basically this – the Jeremy Lord Skywave Synthesiser:

• @u0421793 said:
    I’d very much like to see this little rarity revived, cloned even (but not by behringer, as they’d basically steal it and give no reward to the original designer’s family). It’d be very good to see exactly this, perhaps slightly less huge, but basically this – the Jeremy Lord Skywave Synthesiser:

An even cooler synth with more sonic variety would be this one:
    Electrocomp EML-101.
    Withh patch panel please :smiley:

• Great....but software exceed that overpriced dinosaurs today :p

• That new Moog Mother drum synth looks like a lot of fun. $600 though.