Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha AG06 USB Audio Interface

edited January 2015 in Other

Yamaha AG06 a new USB audio interface for tablets and PCs. Might want to check this out as it's designed to route signals digitally back to DAW and takes input from mics, guitar, synth, and even devices like iPads.

Comments

• Looks quite nifty. Says it can be used with iPad but mentions a mobile battery, yet it's class compliant.

"AG is compatible with Apple’s second generation iPad or later, allowing you to create high quality recording and playback using an iOS compatible music app such as Cubasis. *Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/ Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required"

"AG can operate using USB bus power eliminating the need for an external adaptor. AG can also be driven by a mobile battery for use with an iPad providing users with a true mobile mixing and audio interface solution."

• There is also an AG03 with less inputs for $199.00. Very interesting.

• Guys, check mg10xu, very good and plenty of inputs. Have one

• edited January 2015

Just a heads up, one of the features I bought the UR44 for was the loop back but it does not work on iOS. I thought it might work as sort of a hardware version of Audiobus to send all audio to the camcorder app/Skype type app, but you can't even enable it at all on iOS.

So unless there is something different in the technology between these units (highly doubt it) I would bet it still won't work.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_series/technology.html

• I thought these were new as in last year new lol!! Seems exactly what I’ve been after. Forgive my daftness but I just don’t get this loopback thing? Don’t all audio interfaces send audio back to d.a.w.....I simply cannot get my head around this?